Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Link to picture

http://twitpic.com/akmad2

#3 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Those look great, very excited about the next four figures in the set!  Thanks for posting!

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#4 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Did they say when???

#5 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

I wonder if the addition of Slave 1 (Boba Fett) means there will be a third faction (Fringe, like in the star wars minis game, or something like that).  Guess it could be imperial since they hired him, but it would be nice to have some flexibility. 

Like others ideas for the Falcon (Han and Lando pilots… ideally with upgrade copilots including Chewie, Nein Nunb, and maybe Leia ala the expanded universe).

Also, wonder what the pilots will be for that one (seems like a good opportunity to bridge to the prequel… Boba on one side and Jango on the other).  Not sure who else flew slave 1, and seems like it wouldn't be a generic though I suppose it could be. 

What seems to be missing from the game is Force points.  Would be great if some pilots (Luke, Vader) were given Force points to reroll one or more die during the game.  I'm pretty sure they had something like that in the old West End Games Star Warriors game (which was a very fun game).

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#6 sverigesson

sverigesson

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

These are completely amazing! Here's hoping they don't take too long to release them.

I too am hoping for a third faction (or maybe we'll have to wait until they do Clone Wars stuff), but I suspect that they will just make it an Imperial ship. Smugglers/Bounty Hunters would be amazing though.

#7 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Sweet, those all go into my spreadsheet.  I hope to update it yet tonight.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#8 vogless

vogless

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

Those look cool, but isn't the MF out of scale? It seems pretty small compared to the fighters and Slave 1.

#9 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

I did not expect to see those two beauties comin' so soon!

Immediately makes me wonder who's gonna be in Wave 3, alongside the B-wing and TIE Bomber…

#10 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

vogless said:

Those look cool, but isn't the MF out of scale? It seems pretty small compared to the fighters and Slave 1.

I don't think it's too out of scale.  It should be less than twice as long as the X-Wing.  Look at these pics that were posted earlier (especially the one where the guy is holding it).

http://www.facebook....TheD6Generation

#11 Kordos

Kordos

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Yes, my lovely TIE Interceptor - that is the ship I have been waiting for 

#12 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

tiepilot1138 said:

vogless said:

I don't think it's too out of scale.  It should be less than twice as long as the X-Wing.  Look at these pics that were posted earlier (especially the one where the guy is holding it).

http://www.facebook....TheD6Generation

Dayum… that is big!

Here's hoping for two more bounty hunter transports in the next wave… Hound's Tooth and Punishing One, maybe?

[EDIT: picture posted here for easy-access]:

#13 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Slave 1 in wave 2.  So would that be before end 2012?  Q1-2 2013?

OR are FFG teasing and tricking us all?  I.e. going with the aforementioned speculative and widely accepted wave 2 releases (A-W, B-W, Inter, Bomber) and showing mere prototypes of these babies just to get more interest, methinks.  Perhaps.

Anybody else notice the bigger bases on M-F and Slave1?  Wondering if they'll 'fix' the maneuver dial to compensate.

Slave 1.  F'n' awesome.

#14 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I did notice the bases were bigger. I expect it's to accommodate more weapons or stats. As if having to wait to get my hands on the base set isn't bad enough, now I have to wait longer for those beauties!

#15 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Check out the guy on the left in that last pic, the one with the glasses.  That is a Nerdgasm right there.

#16 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

BTW I updated my Basic X-wing data sheet with any new information I have.  I will update again after Celebration VI where I hope to get the rest of the data.  See my signature for the link.

Thanks,
Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#17 Sanguinary Priest

Sanguinary Priest

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Nalydd said:

Check out the guy on the left in that last pic, the one with the glasses.  That is a Nerdgasm right there.

Absolutely!  lol.   The paint jobs are pretty nice on the ships and I hope they're not just better "example" models.  Back in the Star Wars and D&D minis days, the pics you saw on online galleries and preview figs were alot better paint jobs that what you actually opened up.  At $15 a pop, I'd expect what I'm seeing in the pics here.

#18 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Sanguinary Priest said:

The paint jobs are pretty nice on the ships and I hope they're not just better "example" models.  Back in the Star Wars and D&D minis days, the pics you saw on online galleries and preview figs were alot better paint jobs that what you actually opened up.  At $15 a pop, I'd expect what I'm seeing in the pics here.

That's the advantage of a transparent blister: if people no like it, they no buy it. 

#19 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I imagine the Falcon and Slave 1 will cost more than $15 each given their larger size.  Hopefully not much more than $20, but I could even see it being $25.  Fortunately, you can buy at steep discounts on miniaturemarket.com. 

#20 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

El_Tonio said:

I imagine the Falcon and Slave 1 will cost more than $15 each given their larger size.  Hopefully not much more than $20, but I could even see it being $25.  Fortunately, you can buy at steep discounts on miniaturemarket.com. 

Thanks for the tip! Do you think they will continue to have that price?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS