• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billkell

billkell

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

The Disciple's Radiant Light reads:

"Action: Roll 1 red power die. Each hero in your line of sight (including yourself) recovers the amount of [health] rolled. Each monster in your line of sight suffers the amount of [health] rolled."

As the Overlord, I interpreted this as only one line of sight.

The Heroes interpreted the "Radiant" to mean any and all lines of sight.

Which is correct?

As a follow-up, we all agreed that the distance for the line of sight continues as far as it can go uninterrupted (i.e. distance is never checked). Is this correct?

#2 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

Line of sight is not directional dependent.  So imagine that your hero with radiant light could swivel his head 360 degrees.  Anything and everything he can see uninterrupted is within his line of sight and effected by this skill.

#3 KristoffStark

KristoffStark

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

billkell said:

The Disciple's Radiant Light reads:

"Action: Roll 1 red power die. Each hero in your line of sight (including yourself) recovers the amount of [health] rolled. Each monster in your line of sight suffers the amount of [health] rolled."

As the Overlord, I interpreted this as only one line of sight.

The Heroes interpreted the "Radiant" to mean any and all lines of sight.

Which is correct?

As a follow-up, we all agreed that the distance for the line of sight continues as far as it can go uninterrupted (i.e. distance is never checked). Is this correct?

If it were only 1 line of sight, it could only ever target one hero OR one monster, and line of sight is drawn from one model to another.

The inclusion of the word "each" implies attempting to draw line of sight to every figure, the power affecting each that LoS is successfully drawn to.

#4 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

KristoffStark said:

If it were only 1 line of sight, it could only ever target one hero OR one monster, and line of sight is drawn from one model to another.

Actually, LoS is drawn corner to corner in 2e, which means you could theoretically hit up to 3 figures along "one line of sight" as long as all three were positioned in adjacent spaces that shared a single corner, and you had LoS to that corner.

That said, I do agree with the posters above that the ability is not meant to be applied only in one direction.  "Line of Sight" is an omnidirectional area defined by all the spaces your figure can draw an uninterrupted line to, regardless of range.  That fact that most attacks in the game require you to pick a single space within that area to target does not change the general definition of LoS.

The thing that limits most effects to one direction is the requirement to pick a single target space.  A single space can only lie in one direction relative to your figure, obviously.  Radiant Light does not require that.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS