New Dust Tactics/Warfare Models Featured at Gencon

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Doraiya

Doraiya

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

To all the doubters who think that FFG doesn't have anything in the ipieline for us faithful Dust fans… BEHOLD

www.facebook.com/media/set/

#2 Doraiya

Doraiya

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Just noticed all the threads over at the Dust Tactics Forums, but I stand by my post as everyone on both sides of the Dust hobby should see the awesome stuff that that Hades will be bringing to the table.

#3 Feldwebel_Francis

Feldwebel_Francis

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

I take it the listed prices are for the premium versions?

#4 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Crap. I want them all. $$$$$.

#5 Don Lopertuis

Don Lopertuis

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Same thing ! Can't wait to contemplate "my precious" in my hands !

But, won't have enough hands for all those "precious" to come ! ^_^ 

Don Lopertuis

#6 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

<sigh> I better order some more paints, new brushes and clear some shelf space I guess. I HATE THIS HOBBY…HATE IT I TELL YA!

#7 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Luftwaffe…. DUST STYLE!!!! Soo freakin' excited for what is to come for dust in the future!

#8 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hmm. I see some Me 163 in that, as well as some of the Aradeo (sp?) design. THAT thing (THOSE things) aren't going to be spending much time on a board the represents a little rinky-tink patch of ground…end up with the same problem as Korean air support, on steroids: Jets don't loiter over ground well. Props do it better; helis do it best.

(It does not help that I'm listening to Stokowski's interpretation of Mars, Bringer of War, while I write this…)

#9 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

Warboss Krag said:

…Jets don't loiter over ground well. Props do it better; helis do it best.

A sharp eye might catch what looks like VTOL nozzles under the wings. They may have Hover.

#10 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Nope, still don't like them, don't look WW2ish, probably due to the cockpit bulge and no glass.

#11 Miko

Miko

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

Remember it's a WIP. And looking on pictures and SSU helicopters I think that there will be glass.

Also this is maybe inspiration for this model:
http://www.luft46.co...do/are555s.html

#12 Doraiya

Doraiya

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

Anyone else getting a Gears of War vibe from the new Allied heavy infantry?

#13 KevinBakon

KevinBakon

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Ha totally. 

#14 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

I don't get it?

I keep hearing people say that these Axis fighter planes don't look WWII-era-ish. I don't think 2 legged walkers look WWII-ish with laser cannons. At least not the Axis ones. I think some people are missing out on the fact that it would appear that since the Germans found the UFO and worked with the alien to further technology that the Axis stuff is going to look somewhat more modern than the other faction items.

Think what the fighter pilots thought the first time they saw a ME-262. compared to everything else at the time, they did not look era-ish.  

#15 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Check out the Aradeo (sp) bomber, as well as the Me163. There's your for'ard antecendents.

#16 KevinBakon

KevinBakon

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

I was hoping the Allied plane would leak today. I'm kinda bummed, but if the Axis fighter was still an unpainted prototype, maybe the Allied one wasn't final yet. Still though, Allies got pretty stiffed at Gencon. 

#17 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

reptilebro1 said:

I don't get it?

I keep hearing people say that these Axis fighter planes don't look WWII-era-ish. I don't think 2 legged walkers look WWII-ish with laser cannons. At least not the Axis ones. I think some people are missing out on the fact that it would appear that since the Germans found the UFO and worked with the alien to further technology that the Axis stuff is going to look somewhat more modern than the other faction items.

Think what the fighter pilots thought the first time they saw a ME-262. compared to everything else at the time, they did not look era-ish.  

Maybe not being WW2-ish is the right thing to say, basically the thing just does not look right.  If they kept to the lines in the sweep of the tail so iy did,'t look so square it might help.  Here's a pic from the comic, a much better looking design.

#18 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

I see what you mean. I would have been much happier sticking with the canon material (although the fixed landing gear is pure bunk).

Also, I don't think the Allies got stiffed so much. They already have some of the best walkers, they have the best troops hands down, and they have the best overall AAA rating (anti-aircraft artillery for you greenies), with so many M2HBs running around. In the air, beware! Browning has something for you… (Not to mention the Rattler and the Honey.)

#19 DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

All in all Im pretty happy with everything that FFG/ Dust Models had on display at the show. I had pretty much figured with them having to finish up rounding out the SSU in Hades that the majority would be SSU. Another IS 5 tank kit though was a cool surprise though especially as it comes with the commisar pilot (as mentioned in the Dust Tactics Zverograd book). As for the Axis and Allied stuff its all cool looking but I really like those Heavy Transports for the germans. 

Im glad they showed the unfinished prototype of the german fighter. I think Im in the minority of the peeps who like it though. With a paint job and a lear canopy its going to look completely different.  

#20 SaitoX

SaitoX

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

Can't wait to pick me up some cogs I mean kill squads. I'm very interested in what their armament and rules are going to be. Please be more assault platoon choices. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS