• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Two vehicle questions:

1.  If an acolyte can pilot or drive a vehicle, they can use the weapons attached to that vehicle (except for Rogue Trader spaceships).  However, one of my players asked a question (probably tongue in cheek): if a tech-priest attaches blades to a vehicle (like a truck), is a Moritat able to use those blades if he has the Drive skill?  I realize this isn't as contentious as a Moritat using a power blade or a ranged weapon, but since one of my players thought of it, I thought I'd ask it.

2.  Is the vehicle shown below canon (no pun intended), and if so, could someone think up some stats for it?

Source

#2 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

The only answer question number one deservers is a smack to the head

In regard to this little freakwho on wheels

you can bet that the weapon ist NOT meant to be fired while driving. With a chassi this light for a cannon this huge, …well, you get it.

This must have been meant as a way to drive the cannon around and fire while stationary. Thereby, treat it as heavy weapon with a little more ease of movement. DO NOT consider driving this thing like a regular vehicle of its given type. The performance will be seriousyl impared, at least by the added weight

#3 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

Well yeah, a human wouldn't ride and fire it… but an ork might.

Revised question: Assuming the vehicle is an Ork vehicle, what would be its stats?

#4 FieserMoep

FieserMoep

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

For an Ork Vehicle it lacks lots of Dakka and even more Dakka.

But ye… you asked for a Profile for this… nevermind…^^

Gretchin Storma Bike

Suicida Kanon | Heavy | 100m | S/-/- | 4D10+5 I | 4 | 1 | 2Full | Inaccurate, Unreliable, Blast 3, Overheating, Special

Special:

If driven by an Ork or Gretchin the Weapon losses its Unreliable Trait and if it is fired by an Ork or Gretchin while braced it losses the Inaccurate Trait too.

If an Overheating result appears the whole Bike is destroyed and its pilot recieves 4D10+5 Impact Damage with a Penetration Value of 4. Additional he recieves 1D10+3 Impac Damage because of the drop from the bike when it was accelerated during the Overheating.

The Gretchin Storma Bike was first spoted used by the "Elite Storma Squadron" led by the Gretchin reported as "Kaboom" whose so called Suicida Kanon overheated and ingnited the Fuel of his own Storma Bike. The rest of his Squadron attack an imperial breachhead during the actions of the thrid war of Armageddon where the recoil of the mounted weapon decimated around 75% of the storma suqadron without any imperial involvement. In the End of the Fight atleast three of the estimated fifteen fired rounds were confirmed hits at the imperial fortification, destroying the Latrine of the defending Guardsmen.

#5 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Thank you Feiser, but if you want moar dakka…

Imagine the tubes are grenade launchers.  Purely optional, but they are made for gretchin, so maybe they don't deserve moar dakka.

#6 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

The weapon is a recoiless rifle.  It is essentially, ahem, recoil-less as it fires a rocket, not a shell.  However, much like the RPGs that largely replaced them, it has a large back-blast.  The tubes on the second photo are extra rounds for the rifle.  It probably fires heat rounds, so treat as a crack missile (I believe the US used flechette rounds in them in Vietnam too).

Usually found mounted on tripods or jeeps/light trucksin/armoured vehicles. Not sure how you could ever aim it mounted on a scooter though!

Still, first thing I thought of when I saw the picture were Orks.  Nice fluff for the Storma Squadron Fieser.

And I second Gregorius' answer to question #1.  'SMACK!'

Interrogator Z

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS