Photo

How come I only have one friend? Do I smell bad?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TFIWWT1

TFIWWT1

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

This topic isn't about co-op or non-co-op (although I'm sure it will degenerate to that) I'm just wondering with the new format has anyone else noticed that all Star Wars players seem to have only one friend? SW:CCG, Young Jedi, SW:Minis (both versions), Whatever that Wizards thing was, X-Wing and now the LCG have all been two player games. I understand that the Light/Dark Side conflict naturally lends itself to two players and I guess I should be flattered that FFG things I can scare up even one person to play with me but this has always been a problem for my group. There are several of us (the last of an old West End Games RPG group) and that makes for a lot of spectators whenever a Star Wars Game is taken out. Most of the other LCG's are multi-player why not this one? (end of complaint as I'm sure FFG is getting more complaints then it wants or deserves anyway. Overall this game looks fine and I'll probably buy it).

#2 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Actually, not that many LCGs are designed for multi-players in the first place.  Warhammer:Invasion is a two-player duel; CoC is for two-player originally, the multi-player game is only a variant; only A Game of Throne caters for multi-player in the original ruleset.  However, this does not mean that we do not need a multi-player Star War LCG.

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

If you want to play with more than one friend it wouldn't be hard to do with this game.  You'd have to house rule a few things, but unlike the old SWCCG this game looks like it'll support 2v2 pretty easily and possibly some way to work out 1v1v1v1 kind of things.

#4 TFIWWT1

TFIWWT1

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

Oh that's interesting. Thanks guys I didn't know that the other LCG's started out as 1v1 and then expanded (I've only ever played them multiplayer) and I didn't get a close enough look at this new one to see that it might play 2v2. Have either of you played X-Wing? How does that work with multiple people?

#5 TFIWWT1

TFIWWT1

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Just ordered the SW:RPG Beta. I guess there is hope for us after all. :)

#6 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

TFIWWT1 said:

Just ordered the SW:RPG Beta. I guess there is hope for us after all. :)

Pardon. Clarify. What? Beta? Info. Please?

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

I. J. Thompson said:

See the FFG front page.  They just announced the Star Wars RPG and have a beta available.

#8 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

dbmeboy said:

I. J. Thompson said:

See the FFG front page.  They just announced the Star Wars RPG and have a beta available.

Thank you!

Interested, and trying to buy. But the site is not making it easy! 

[EDIT: Okay, bought. I've had every iteration of the swrpg, and I need to check this out. Might as well find out beforehand if I want to get on board]

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#9 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

While X-Wing is defaulted at 2 players there are optional game modes where you can have 2 or more players on each team and each player would control 1 ship to make it feel like a true dog fight…that is why Im getting the game.

Light Side: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 Hwks, 1 Falcon & 1 B-Wing

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#10 TFIWWT1

TFIWWT1

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for the X-Wing info Sprenger. That's AWESOME! I'm going to get it now too then we can each fly one ship!

#11 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

As a variation on this, as I imagine there will be players who enjoy multiplayer but still want to control multiple ships, each player could run a single squadron within an Alliance or Imperial fleet.

Got S-foils? Lock those b**ches into attack position.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#12 Majeh_XIII

Majeh_XIII

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

As to the orginal post for this thread from what i read on a demo card it looks as if it should be able to support more than 1 v 1 possibly looking at 2 v 2 or with there being 3 factions for each side maybe a 3 v 3 depending on the final rules to be released. The card that i work this from was and objective,  Cruel interrogations, with the text " REACTION: after this objective enters play, take 1 card from each opponents hand. Capture those cards at this objective". this working might be just as its a demo card or to cover them selves for any future updates for multiplayer but looking at this it does look possible for at least 2v2 games

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS