I'm very new player to Descent 2nd edition, with never played 1st edition. Today I finally got my playgroup together, with me playing as OL, and 4 of my friends playing heroes. Very very soon in the introduction quest First Blood, big debate started. Stun and Ashrian's hero ability for example. These debates took most of our gameplaytime, and what was advertised as 40min-1h per quest was soon 3h for the introduction quest. Granted, me and one other player argued more than neccessary. In the end, we tried differend ways to see which worked better, which still didn't help that much.
I'll list my questions here, all help is greatly appreciated I will be googling these things after creating this thread too.
1. How does Stun work excatly? It says that "This is the only action you may perform on your turn while you have this card or token." But this gives way too easy opportunities for stunlocking lot of monsters at the time. We debated that does removing stun take only one action, or WHOLE turn. We never reached real conclusion. I believe it works much better if removing stun takes one action.
2. Does Stun work to ALL monsters, quest specific bosses (like Mauler on First Blood), Master monsters, lieutenants?
3. Does Ashrian's Hero Ability work on ALL adjacent enemies, or just one? It reads: "When a minion monster begins it's activation adjacent to you, it is Stunned" Our healer basicly just kept monsters stunlocked all the time, including "boss" monsters, which I now believe to be mistake, as it says "minion", and aren't the red monsters Master monsters? Does that wording matter? Confusing.
4. Are Search Cards discarded after use? For example after using health potion, is it basicly out of game for that quest/encounter? It says so many times that you just flip it over, and I understand that it's used to count gold ammount at the end of the quest, but we found it much easier to just record the gold, then discard the card. But even this brought debate to our table. It didn't say "discard" anywhere, so could it be assumed that it's reusable in the same quest? I believe not, but not everyone else saw this in the same way as I.
5. How the hell you go against Warrior? He kills everything so easily, and with counterattack skill there's absolutely no point attacking warrior if he has Stamina left. Granted, we only played two quests, but still, I'm bit concerned that warrior will become unstoppable killing machine in our future gameplay sessions. This happened too often in Doom boardgame with certain talents, and especially talent combinations (chainsaw marine with triple attacks, 4 space movement, +2 attack and 3+ armour = godmode).
Here's biggest problems that we encountered, there was few small things, but these were what hindered us. All clarifications and help is once again greatly greatly appreciated!