X-Wing Video Demo - GenCon 2012

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zachbunn

zachbunn

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

We were lucky enough to catch producer Steve Kimball for a quick one on one about the newly released Star Wars X-Wing! You can check out the video on our site. We also shot a box opening video just a few minutes ago that we'll be adding to the site tonight or tomorrow. Further, categories for the X-wing game will be live on the Team Covenant website very soon for all you bloggers out there. Enjoy!

Zach

Do or do not, there is no try.

#2 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Great video, very fun to watch… thanks for posting! Can't wait to see the next one!

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  4 A-Wing  •  2 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  5 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#3 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Thanks guys that was great!  

New info seen in Video:

Y-Wing Manuver Dial, lots of red.

Both red and green dice have 2 focus symbols each.

R2-F2 full text visible for first time

3 Damage cards not seen before.

Too bad they did not get a picture of the dials on the other end of the table, those probable had the TIE Advanced.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#4 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Looks pretty awesome.

My only thought is that you only get 3 dice of each colour with the game, but it seemed from the video (unless im remembering wrong from last night) that you will need more than this?

#5 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

In fact (just watched again) you will DEFINITELY need more than 3 of each die, as an x wing using a primary weapon at range 1 needs 4 dice and any defended with agility of 3 at range 3 would need 4 defense dice… it sucks that they would sell a core set which doesnt have all of the components needed to play the actual game!

#6 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

wait.. i just realised im getting 2 core sets anyway… not sure what im complaining about now… need coffee

#7 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

I would think that after return of the jedi princess leia's disguise would have been seen through straight away . .

very good video explaining the game

#8 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

These guys got thier unboxing video up now.  Follow the above link and look on the right at the news for a link.

It finally reviels the last TIE Pilot "Dark Curse".  We also confirm costs and text for several ships.  We now know all the pilots in the starter.  As expected 2 each of Acadaemy, Obsidion, and Black squadron pilots.

Thanks for the info guys, if you could go through all the pilot cards in a video that work rock.  Same for upgrade cards.

I will try and post an update spreadsheet at mediafire later.

Thanks,
Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#9 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

I never got around to watching the unboxing video, but now I can't seem to find it, even when I search their website for X-Wing. Did it get removed?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it on YouTube.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS