Photo

No Co-Op official… guess that is it.. 1 less game to collect!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'm interested in how many people have stuck this off there "to get list" now that it is official that it is no longer co-op / solo. I'm defiantly not going to buy this now.

If you ARE interested please do not dilute the thread by posting. It will make counting a lot harder.. Thanks!

#2 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

wow. what's even the point of this thread? seems like an unnecessarily negative post. (yes, i'm diluting). i get that some folks are disappointed, but it's no surprise that this happened (why else go back to the drawing board if not to totally revamp?). also, FFG's, and card games in general, are most successful when competitive.

rather then clog up the boards with this disappointment/negativity, why not leave to to those who are interested and want to discuss the game we are getting -- not rant about what we are not? i highly doubt this thread will spur FFG to go back to the drawing board a 3rd time.

besides, a message board system is hardly a scientific, randomized, representative poll of gamers.

#3 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

The point of the post is to gage the reaction to the decision form FFG, in much the same way as the pvp players did the exact same post when co-op was announced. Bitching and complaining has changed there minds already, why not try it again. No one is forcing YOU to read this post..

+1 for disappointment as no co-op

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#4 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

booored said:

The point of the post is to gage the reaction to the decision form FFG, in much the same way as the pvp players did the exact same post when co-op was announced. Bitching and complaining has changed there minds already, why not try it again. No one is forcing YOU to read this post..

+1 for disappointment as no co-op

1) you have no proof it was the bitching on the forums that changed anything -- it very well could have been all of the feedback they gathered from GenCon last year coupled with how LOTR has been working and the long term potential of the game

2) if any company took that much stock in what a few hardcore folks say on a message board, they'd be changing their products every other week. there is little-to-no chance that this game will change a 3rd time. they'd lose all credibility and a product would never come out.

#5 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

I was hoping for co-op. I will still pick up this game but I'm definitely disappointed. 

#6 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Dain Ironfoot said:

<snip>

if you are not interested in this thread just go away and do not read it.. who are you to tell us what we can and can't talk about. Leave us alone and let us co-op fans have are little wake in peace

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#7 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

*Tips hat* Would love to see it as a standalone game. 

#8 schmoo34

schmoo34

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

+1 for not buying.  No co-op means pointless game.  If I want competitive, I have Pinochle, Hearts, Euchre, and countless other timeless card games.  And boardgames which are easier to set up, require less reading, and less explanation and provides a more thorough competitive experience.

Unless, of course, you make a single player computer game out of it…then, of course, I would buy.

#9 Tobogan

Tobogan

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Now that i have the option to play as the Empire, i might be buying this game. +1 for the PvP.

#10 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm currently playing (and buying) LotR LCG only, and will definitely do the same for Android: Netrunner.  So I was undecided whether I'd buy and play Star Wars LCG when it was announced as a co-op game, but I was very interested in it then. However as it is now a competitve game, I am less likely buy and play it, unless there are some very interesting game mechanisms.

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#11 Stenun

Stenun

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I am EXTREMELY disappointed that it's no longer co-operative.

I have 4 competitive Star Wars CCGs already, why on earth would I want to start spending money on a fifth?

#12 armakis

armakis

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

no solo option, this is a no go for me

#13 Troopershark

Troopershark

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Make that +2 for PVP !

#14 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

This thread is as valid as any other (certainly as valid as the 'Cooperative? Disappointed' thread that emerged after Gencon last year.

+1 disappointed. Couldn't even sit through the whole demo video, actually.

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#15 Caputo

Caputo

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

I wont be buying htis now either

#16 clique84

clique84

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

I am confused.  In more than one post, people have referred to there already being SW CCG's out there.  Correct me if I am wrong but they are years out of print and no longer commercially available.  Some have been out of print for over 5 years.  I don't see this as a detriment to the LCG, or as a reason to not buy in. 

#17 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

Agreed. I am extremely disappointed that they switched from co-op to 2-player competitive. Not going to buy this now. My group was totally psyched to play a SW:LCG co-op game, but competitive is just not something we want.

#18 TFIWWT1

TFIWWT1

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

Disappointed as well. Will still buy the core set because its unfair to judge a book by its cover (or internet video) but based on what I've seen it will probably quickly make its way to the back of the closet. :(

#19 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

clique84 said:

I am confused.  In more than one post, people have referred to there already being SW CCG's out there.  Correct me if I am wrong but they are years out of print and no longer commercially available.  Some have been out of print for over 5 years.  I don't see this as a detriment to the LCG, or as a reason to not buy in. 

This. Some people keep saying "pvp players should shut up and just go play Decipher SW CCG". Well yeah, I would, but I won't be very likely to find other players, or tournaments with a decent turnout locally, or be able to get new players in to the game without it costing them a fortune.

So yeah, no harm in a new pvp Star Wars game that can start a fresh new tournament scene.

#20 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

clique84 said:

Decipher games may be out of print but they still own almost everything on the market today :) I think what that dude was trying to get at is that he already owns these other games. (as I do .. well I own 2 complete games for pvp star wars) Nothign is stopping my play group busting that out now and then, why would we want a 3rd? or in his case a 4th.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS