Short-term spculation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

I say "short term" because I know the information is out there at Gen Con, but nobody has yet reported on it.

The main question is: With 3 factions for each team, what do you think the 6 factions will be?

I think:

DARK SIDE
Imperials
Sith
Bounty Hunters

LIGHT SIDE
Rebels
Jedi
Scoundrels

This is probably all wrong, and also pointless for me to post, but I'm so filled with anticipation to see how this game works that I just have to post something!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#2 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Ha! I know how you feel! I think that sounds pretty decent speculation, anyway, unless the Light Side faction consists of Rebels, Jedi and Republic, the Dark Side is as you say, and the "scoundrels" form a kind of neutral faction that could be used by either side… I'm sensing a bit of Warhammer/Game of Thrones in there two, both games have sizeable neutral card pools, after all. 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#3 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

My friend just demo'ed this and said it's:

-Rebels, Jedi, Scoundrels

-Imperials, Sith, Scum

He was going by memory and things are moving quite fast up at Gen con, but he sounded pretty confident this was correct.

#4 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

I kind of hope those faction names change. They just don't fit. Or rather they smack of lack of imagination to me. scoundrels and scum certainly. 

#5 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

spirit said:

I kind of hope those faction names change. They just don't fit. Or rather they smack of lack of imagination to me. scoundrels and scum certainly. 

I kind of like them and think they fit perfectly. Obviously Jedi/Sith/Rebel/Imperial are fine. And then Han Solo and his like are constantly referred to as scoundrels, but basically the more decent side of fringe characters. And Scum works perfectly for bounty hunters and other more bad side of fringe. Obi-Wan even says "a wretched hive of SCUM and villainy" and Captain Piett says "Bounty Hunters, we don't need their SCUM".

#6 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

I agree. The SW films are notoriously full of camp lines like these, to include them as faction names makes perfect sense to me!

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS