Photo

Baratheon - Worth it if I don't own any other expansion?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

Hey there! I once owned Battlelore and liked it a lot.  Then, after getting lots of expansions the game had become more of a chore than a game with it's neverending setup.  I ended up selling my collection and didn't looked back.

I knew about BoW for a long time and was thinking it was the same as BL, long setup and short playtime.  A few months ago I finally decided to buy the core set after craving for a great 2-player squirmish/strategic/tactical battle game.  Damn, it was a bull's eye!  Great game that finally let's you control ALL your units instead of only those in one flank.

So, having learned with BL that lots of expansions was not really good, I hold up on all of the army packs.  Having only played the first 4 scenarios, it's no big deal and I can see myself replaying them with no troubles at all.

I then heard about the Baratheon army expansion, which IMO is looking extremely cool.  But I also read/heard that this expansion included scenarios and stuff that needed the expansions…

My question is: If I buy the Baratheon army without having a single expansion, will I end up with "half" of an expansion?

BTW, didn't used the squirmish rules yet and don't plan to use them in the near future.

Thanks for your insight!

#2 lannister4live

lannister4live

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Required Expansions for the Baratheon Scenarios are:

27. Raid on the Rainwood
- Base + Baratheon

28. Loosing the Den of Lions
- Base + Baratheon

29. Assault from Crakehall
- Base + Baratheon

30. Enemy of thy Enemy
- Base + Baratheon + Wardens of the North

31. Laying the Blame
- Base + Baratheon + Lords of the River + Brotherhood Without Banners

32. The Way of War
- Base + Baratheon + Tribes of the Vale

33. The Mane Force
- Base + Wardens of the North + Wardens of the West + Tribes of the Vale + Lords of the River

34. The Battle of Blackwater
A. The Crossing
- Base + Baratheon

B. The Siege
- Base + Baratheon + Wardens of the West

C. Breaking Through
- Base + Baratheon + Wardens of the West

#3 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Thanks a bunch for the info!

#4 Rubinon

Rubinon

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

@ Lannister4live: Scenario 30 does sound as if Baratheon is fighting against Stark. Is that true? Is there a reasoning for that?

I'd like it a lot if there really were a few scenarios (or at least this one) where Baratheon is going up against Stark.

#5 lannister4live

lannister4live

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

Jep, in scenarios 30 and 31, Baratheon figths against Stark :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS