GenCon Reports

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Ok gang, since I can't make GenCon this year I am counting on you guys reporting details of what is in the packaged.  Ideally I would love to see the details of any cards, pilots, etc, not shown in the previews yet.  Oh, and I suppose tournament stories would be good too.  What you played, how it went, etc.

Please help us poor folks that could not make it.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#2 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Aye, looking forward to extensive coverage

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

#3 Nicco

Nicco

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

Getting my copies today. Not playing in tournament though. Too busy. Will post some thoughts if I get a game in. 

#4 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

Dont suppose any of you lovely people going to GenCon could do a favour for your transatlantic friends by asking what date FFG will start shipping to distributors? I know this wont tell me when it will arrive but hopefully it will give an indication!

Help me FFG forum members, you're my only hope!

#5 Nicco

Nicco

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

Expect it by September. October the latest judging from the tournament that's taking place November. 

Game is pretty solid. Saw people playing. I think some people were trying to set up a 3v3 at some point. 

#6 Nicco

Nicco

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this game and Android: Netrunner are sold out already….

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

That would be unfortunate, I can't make itoverforanother few hours… 

#8 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Nicco said:

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this game and Android: Netrunner are sold out already….

Wow.  I guess they didn't bring as much as they thought they needed.  What time did the doors open?

#9 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Can't say I am surprised.  Most convention "pre-release" games sell out within hours of the doors opening.  I wonder if they limited what people could buy as well.  If not, it would go even faster.

I wonder how long it will last at Celebration VI next week.

Thanks,
Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#10 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

I heard some people were buying five or six copies of Android: Netrunner, so I don't think they were limiting purchases. A:N was sold out in the first 10 minutes, they say. I'm sure X-Wing wasn't far behind.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#11 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Saw a picture from a friend on Twitter.  He got the starter and one of each expansion.  I am bugging him for card names and other data.  ;)

Would FFG kill (i.e. sue) me if I posted a spreadsheet with all the pilot and upgrade cards in it?

Thanks,
Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#12 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

TGN are at Gencon, there's a pic (number 64 of 75) of X-wing being played on what appears to be a Death Star table.  Looks good.

#13 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

I'm there now, far from sold out.

#14 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

vadersson said:

Would FFG kill (i.e. sue) me if I posted a spreadsheet with all the pilot and upgrade cards in it?

No clue, but you wouldn't be the first to start such an endeavour - there's this GeekList on BGG that started a compendium of all the rules and tidbits in the game, cataloguing everything available from the previews up to now. There are still a few things missing though:

Compendium / FAQ GeekList on BGG

The ships and pilots start on page 3.

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

#15 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

dbmeboy said:

I'm there now, far from sold out.

Well that's good. There's a hullabaloo on the Android: Netrunner forums about people who signed up for the tournament not being able to buy a copy since they're sold out and didn't reserve any for the pre-registered tournament players. That really irks me. I hope everyone who signed up for the X-Wing tournament can get their copy before they sell out . . . if they sell out.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#16 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

My guess is that they won't sell out until sometime tomorrow at earliest.

#17 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

haslo said:

vadersson said:

No clue, but you wouldn't be the first to start such an endeavour - there's this GeekList on BGG that started a compendium of all the rules and tidbits in the game, cataloguing everything available from the previews up to now. There are still a few things missing though:

Compendium / FAQ GeekList on BGG

The ships and pilots start on page 3.

Cool.  My list is more up to date currently as I used some of the partial images to fill in what I could.  I am hoping someone at GenCon will at least tell me what pilots come in the starter set (I know all the rebels, just need the TIEs.)  Eventually I want to get all the stats together.  (Hmm. might make a good BattlePlanner module.)

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#18 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Nalydd said:

TGN are at Gencon, there's a pic (number 64 of 75) of X-wing being played on what appears to be a Death Star table.  Looks good.

And they have turrets!  I hope they sell those, preferably by the dozen!

#19 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Nalydd said:

Link please?

#20 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook.com/groups/swgon/ Star Wars Gaming Ontario formerly known as Star Wars Miniatures Toronto

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS