Hand of Fate - the boat has arrived!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

I saw that Hand of Fate is currently in stock for Alliance distributors, so it should be to stores in the western USA within the week. This makes me happy. That is all.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#2 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Excellent! I’m desperate to get a copy of this book.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#3 51powerski

51powerski

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Yes, please hand it over already. 

And then announce more supplements.

#4 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

What did this supplement contain?

#5 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

PnPgamer said:

What did this supplement contain?

I don't have it yet - my FLGS will have it late this week/early next week. For the contents, just look at the product page. It's all about Tzeentch and things leaning that way.

#6 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

Had mine for a week, what you wanna know?

#7 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

What sort of exciting stuff can I expect to see for my Space Marine Sorcerer who is dedicated to Tzeentch?

New Gift of the Gods? New Psyker disciplines? Daemon Weapons? Whats up?

#8 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

Found a place in Oz that said it was in stock. Ordered it express post, so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. Yes FFG will send me a contributor's copy anyway, but I'm impatient and want the book right away! 

This was my first normal book assignment after the big Only War project. Great team of people writing this one. Had a blast working with them. You guys should enjoy it, and there's plenty of fun to be had with the stuff in the armoury!!! 

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#9 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Seeten said:

What sort of exciting stuff can I expect to see for my Space Marine Sorcerer who is dedicated to Tzeentch?

New Gift of the Gods? New Psyker disciplines? Daemon Weapons? Whats up?

No new gifts. Biomancy, Pyromancy, and specific aligned powers. 2 Tzeentch specific Daemon weapons, with availibility listed :-(. The 4 career's are advanced career's and start at a higher exp level, so they're on par with character who have earned exp and can easily be included in current games. They are, Thousand Sons Sorcerer, Alpha Legion CSM, Q'Sal Magister and Idolitrex Magos. The last one is a tech-priest with they psyker trait.

There's lots and lots of stuff on Tzeentch of course. A very nice book all around, and hopefully it'll be representative of the books for the other chaos gods.

#10 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, I'll probably buy it as soon as the pdf is available =)

#11 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Larkin said:

Alpha Legion CSM, Q'Sal Magister and Idolitrex Magos. The last one is a tech-priest with they psyker trait.

Gasping for air. Oh my goodness.

Those sound like works of art. Can I weasel any details out of you?

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#12 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Larkin said:

No new gifts. Biomancy, Pyromancy, and specific aligned powers. 2 Tzeentch specific Daemon weapons, with availibility listed :-(. The 4 career's are advanced career's and start at a higher exp level, so they're on par with character who have earned exp and can easily be included in current games. They are, Thousand Sons Sorcerer, Alpha Legion CSM, Q'Sal Magister and Idolitrex Magos. The last one is a tech-priest with they psyker trait.

Can you post a quick list of what's in the armoury (I know the Hollow Blades are there, but what else?).

BYE

#13 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Q'Sal Crystal Caster

Q'Sal Soul Cannon

Bedlam Staff (D)

Castir Lightning Khopesh

Polix Heavy Khopesh

Pandemonum Stave (D)

Warp Staff

All of the staves are Tzeentch flavored to the fullest. There's also Special ammo, a new suit of armour, 2 new force fields, one of which works off of PR which is really, really nice thematically. There's a bunch of neat Tzeentch items as well.

All of the Advanced Characters start up on EXP. The two CSMs are at +3600xp and the two Humans are +4600xp according to the side bar.

You've already seen the preview of the 1k Sons Sorc, so the Alpha Legionnaire is VERY able to infiltrate and past himself off. He begins unaligned.

The Q'Sal Magister is a power players on Q'Sal, which has a good bit of background and an adventure in the book. He's able to pass between the various forges and factions in service to his own goal. Powerful psyker, starts at PR4 and Psychic Phenom rolls do not affect him, unless it's Perils. He can also chose who gets affected by a Phenom by spending an Infamy Point.

The Idolitrex Magos is very interesting. It's what I would chose to play. It's a Magos with Sorcery, they start at PR1 and have learned it through experimentation, but as such they're limited to their Corruption Bonus for PR instead of CB+WB.

There is a whole new slew of Psychic powers. Biomancy is awesome, pyromancy is less so, but is still very cool. There are more rituals and more aligned and exaulted powers as well, but none really stood out on my read through.

I haven't read the adventure, but it's based on Q'Sal and has an investigation portion, so it fits in with the book really well.

Anything else?

#14 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm glad you like the Shimmering Robes. 

What about the minions? What's the artwork for the Crown of Prospero look like (assuming it's there)?

BYE

#15 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Can you get into more detail with the "prestige archetypes"?

#16 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Can the infiltration tricks of the Alpha Legion CSM be taken by other characters (like a Sorcerer, if one wants to make an AL Sorcerer) or are they hardwired into the archetype's special ability? Can you spare any more info on the ALCSM?

#17 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

They're sort of a part of the AL-CSM ability, bit like a champion gets Inspiring presence. But I like it because at least one Marine chapter in 40K isn't just 'derp, kill stuff' with a hobby in some other skills.

There's also a fairly big write up on the Screaming Vortex, which is handy as our games barely had anything to do with it due to lack of detail and instead went rampaging else where in more detailed settings. The usual, bitey Tzeentch daemons you'd expect and some good world details… however, then it gets to the Necron section. Ctulu-powered terminators, will f**k you up. :o

In FFG tradition, it also has no appendix, rest of it you'll find some use for. The Psy-powers are sort of transposed from DH ones, but with less of the **** the originals had and much easier to live with, (my little Heretek of Tzeentch will be picking up quite a few!) Plenty of other rituals and DM stuff there too.

#18 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

For the record, writing new rituals is fun! 

BYE

#19 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

My CSM Sorc lucked out last night and rolled up a Mark of Tzeentch. I can't wait to get this book in my hot little hands.

#20 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

Minions are good and varied. The crown looks good if a bit on the humble side of it all. The rules are interesting for them as well.

The prestige archetypes are just that, prestigious. I was referring to them as Advanced Classes in my post, since they really are just +some exp and an extra cool ability. They are neat, but they up the starting powerlevel halfway to deathwatch levels.

The ALCSM is pretty much like MKX said. It's a special ability, but it's really useful. And there is nothing stopping you from getting a Mark of T and going into Sorcery. I would say more, but that would be putting actual rules down on the forum. They've got all the right skills and all the right bonuses to be sneaky and scheming and to pull it off wherever they are. Oh, and they are CSM so they're quite potent in a firefight.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS