Turbo Fog after a long breake from the game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 StarFox88

StarFox88

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

After a long break, I want to continue to play Warhammer, but I dont know if the deck I played, is still playable.

I played the Turbo Fog Deck listed below, the strategy part is below the list.

3x Dwarf Cannon Crew

3x Long Winter

3x Order in Chaos

3x Will of the Electors

3x Master Rune of Valaya

3x Blasting Charge

2x Master Rune of Spite

2x Wake the Mountain

3x Contested Village

3x Ancestral Tomb

2x Armoury

3x Hidden Grove

3x Keystone Forge

3x Mining Tunnels (Restricted card back then)

3x Outpost of Tiranoc

2x Und Dokbar

3x Repeating Bolt Thrower

3x Treasure Vaults

3x Night of Morrslieb

Link to Deckbox.org

This deck tries to slow the opponent as much as possible, both runes take care of the units in their own, and the support cards Hidden Grove and Und Dokbar, combined with Blasting Charge and Will of the Electors will drain all the power from the opponent, while Night of Morrslieb and Mining Tunnels supporting me to draw the cards I need either to draw the needed support cards/ Repeater Bolt Thrower or to draw the tactics to reduce the incoming damage to zero.

Normaly the game took a while and most times I lost one zone but, he longer the game continued, the better i could build up a lock with two Order in Chaos and one Masterrune of Valaya. Under that lock I started shooting with the Repeater Bolt Throwers to my opponent.

But now two or three Battlepack Cycles have passed and probably lots of hate cards have been printed, so that i don't know what this deck can do now. Befor I spend some hours of reading the cardspoilers of the last cycles, I wanted to ask the people who didn't make a breake, what they think about this deck.

#2 .Crux.

.Crux.

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Maybe you should post your deck in a german forum like this: http://forum.hds-fan...forum.php?f=126

#3 StarFox88

StarFox88

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

OMG, sorry… I epic failed XD

I translated the opening post but I couldn't edit the opening post, if i could, I whould have that one edited.

#4 herzogar

herzogar

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

I'm not really a competetive player, but I'll point out a few things I think might cause you trouble.

First of, Will of the Electors is now restricted as well, so if you are thinking of competetive play you'd have to choose between them and Mining Tunnels.

Secondly, there are generally more cards modifying developments which might cause you trouble. Also, more ways of dealing with supports. As you are low on units, that might be problematic.

If you are looking for new cards to add to this theme, I'd recommend checking out Dance To Loec and Bladesinger.

Cheers,

H

#5 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

StarFox88 said:

But now two or three Battlepack Cycles have passed and probably lots of hate cards have been printed, so that i don't know what this deck can do now. Befor I spend some hours of reading the cardspoilers of the last cycles, I wanted to ask the people who didn't make a breake, what they think about this deck.

You don't see this type of deck anymore nowadays. Most notably because of the "limit once per turn" errata to Repeater Bolt Thrower. If you want to go (almost) unitless indirect damage, you're probably better off with tactics like Master of the Earth.

#6 herzogar

herzogar

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

Being once per turn isn't really that much of an issue, is it (that errata came out fairly quickly after release if I remember correctly, I assumed the OP knew about it)? I mean, you'd generally have just enough resources to fire it off once per turn anyway, wouldn't you?

Cheers,

H

#7 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

The errata made a big difference. So big that before it, RBT decks were dominating, and afterwards they disappeared. (Though Vitamin T kicking their butts at World's probably helped with that. )

Before, if you had 10 resources and 1 development, you could deal 10 damage. Now you absolutely need 10 developments for that. And you need to have at least as many resources as you have developments to deal damage at all, among other things making it much more difficult to deal damage during your opponent's turn if you were forced to spend some on a fog. If you use Gifts of Aenarion to cancel combat damage, as many RBT decks used to, you were guaranteed to be able to turn the resources gained into damage, now they might not be enough because you have too many developments. And if you stick to a low number of developments, you're not dealing enough damage due to the once per turn limit. The speed has changed, as has the vulnerability to development and/or support destruction. Also, in the above scenario, if you deal 1 damage 10 times, every Outpost of Tiranoc you have adds a total of 10 damage, now it just adds 1.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS