News about WFRP at Gen Con..?

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

There might be some news for us fans about WFRP at Gen Con as FFG writes the following in their news post about Gen Con:

"Want to learn the latest FFG news? […] If you’re an RPG fan, we have a seminar on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay; it will be held in the Westin Chamber Room at 10am on Friday, August 17th."

I sure hope that FFG will make a video of the seminar for us that cannot attend Gen Con. They might not though so are there anyone on this forum going to Gen Con who's going to the seminar and can report back to us what FFG shares about WFRP at that seminar? It would be great!

#2 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

Let's hope that FFG will make a video of this seminar and those lucky one that will have a chance to be there will share any news. Keeping my fingers crossed for announcement of new products for this line.

#3 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

The "small but vicious seminar " video was great, and the sifting through the shadows document was also wonderful. I'd love something like that at this Gen Con. One can always hope and dream! :)

#4 Gambin

Gambin

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Really wouldn't surprise me if they announce that an expansion where you play on the other side comes out much like Black Crusade.

Looking forward to seeing what they say :)

#5 Johann Rowlocks

Johann Rowlocks

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Looks like something is happening as the Enemy Within Links take you on an endless loop to the product page…. I have my fingers crossed that it will released at Gen Con and ship shortly.

#6 zwobot

zwobot

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Is that not Jay Little in the video? www.youtube.com/watch

Great to see him standing:)

#7 korknadel

korknadel

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, I definitely think it's him.

#8 Armoks

Armoks

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hoping to see some new products announcements after GenCon!

#9 korknadel

korknadel

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

No one? The seminar is way in the past now (16 hours or so). Nobody attended it and likes to post the news (if there was any news)?

Oh, please, I am dying for some news!!!!

#10 Cynabar

Cynabar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

The big news would be the Star Wars RPG

#11 Armoks

Armoks

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

"With its new product announcements, engaging seminars, and championship competitions, day two of Gen Con Indy 2012 offered plenty to get excited about. The day started with the Warhammer RPG Seminar, which offered insights into the past, present, and future of both Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and our Warhammer 40,000 lines."

The tension rises

#12 stormofswords

stormofswords

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

So…did anyone attend the seminar? Get the scoop???

#13 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Anyone at all? Hello?

#14 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Here's the link for day 2.  All that was said in the video was, "Theres a warhammer seminar going on somewhere else."

Vote up the "wheres wfrp3?' thread on this!

www.youtube.com/watch

jh

#15 korknadel

korknadel

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

At 3:48 of this video, you can see the name tag of Jay Little. So it really is him.

But why no news about WFRP?

#16 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

I was at the seminar. Daniel Lovat Clark talked about Hero's Call, the PoD expansions and TEW3e for the first 5-10 minutes, then it was all 40KRP for the remainder of the seminar. He alluded to "future plans" but said he couldn't mention anything specific. He did say that TEW3e is designed so that the mysterious nemesis can be any of a number of NPCs, depending on the GM's preferences. I got the impression that he's not really a WFRP fan though (he couldn't remember Graeme Davis' name).

#17 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

Day3:www.youtube.com/watch

Nothing doing for the drop in Nurgles bedpan that is wfrp.  Otherwise, it really shows the production power of FFG though doesnt it!

Herr Arnulf, it would be foolish of us to be so falsely mislead that this line is lead by fans at all.  It's probably a punishment at FFG to have to head this line.  The dude didn't even know who graeme was?!?!?    

Well, thats it then. 

jh

#18 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Yeah its Jay Little, but i suspect that he has been working on the Star Wars RPG not WFRP.

Unfortunately with no real news on the Enemy Within and the limited use and relative rarity of the PODs, I think we can say that WFRP 3 is now firmly on the back burner, if not completely burnt out. Maybe Sunday will surprise us, but it all seems to be about board games, card games and the Star Wars RPG. They seem to be still supporting WH40K but I think that fantasy is now in the realms of the fanboys again.

I know FFG seem to have a policy of not talking to their customers on forums like this, but they really need to provide some direction here, otherwise more people are going to drift away and WFRP will drift back into the boondocks, forgotten about and unsupported by everybody except  the fans.

Sad thought!

#19 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

Herr Arnulfe said:

I was at the seminar. Daniel Lovat Clark talked about Hero's Call, the PoD expansions and TEW3e for the first 5-10 minutes, then it was all 40KRP for the remainder of the seminar. He alluded to "future plans" but said he couldn't mention anything specific. He did say that TEW3e is designed so that the mysterious nemesis can be any of a number of NPCs, depending on the GM's preferences. I got the impression that he's not really a WFRP fan though (he couldn't remember Graeme Davis' name).

Thanks Herr Arnulfe!

Well there you have it folks, Star Wars is the latest news for WFRP3.

That was all pretty quick wasn't it? Heh we didn't even get to stretch our legs to Bretonnia.

#20 Yamusha

Yamusha

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

ragnar63 said:

Yeah its Jay Little, but i suspect that he has been working on the Star Wars RPG not WFRP.

Unfortunately with no real news on the Enemy Within and the limited use and relative rarity of the PODs, I think we can say that WFRP 3 is now firmly on the back burner, if not completely burnt out. Maybe Sunday will surprise us, but it all seems to be about board games, card games and the Star Wars RPG. They seem to be still supporting WH40K but I think that fantasy is now in the realms of the fanboys again.

I know FFG seem to have a policy of not talking to their customers on forums like this, but they really need to provide some direction here, otherwise more people are going to drift away and WFRP will drift back into the boondocks, forgotten about and unsupported by everybody except  the fans.

Sad thought!

I agree with you. I'm afraid WFRP is dead for FFG. No news in video of the 3rd day in Gencon (they only talk about Star Wars).

They are only launching new games (WH40K, Starwars, etc) but nothing new for WFRP, no news no indications about where the game will go… it is sad because the game could have given a lot of new material and ideas. I dont understand the policy of FFG. Maybe the sales were too low to maintain this line?

I think the only hope we have is to collaborate more between us to release new content. Maybe more implication in projects like Liber Fanatica or the Book of Elves (by Yepesnopes)… I know it's difficult, as many of us have little time but it's my only hope…

PD: by the way, who wants another game about Starwars? :D :D :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS