Lathesmasters

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

While reading this I got the impression of Squ@t wannabes. Anyone else get the same vibe? Would it be a good place to start if one were considering Squ@ts as a PC race?

(The letter a has been replaced with @ to throw GW "deletion teams" off my trail.)

#2 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

Well its more a class than a race, but sure, it could serve as that (pretty sure it requires you take Forge World as a homeworld, so there aren't really any further decisions to make about the character).

You do know Squats are back in the lore right?

#3 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

Show me something published by GW that has the word Squ@t(s) in it and I'll believe it. Otherwise we have The Inquisition War trilogy (mid 80s) that was reprinted a few years back with the word Squ@t in it, and even then it was forwarded by Gav Thorpe as a "take this with a grain of salt" regarding plucky Grimm. Demi-Urg are not Squ@ts, otherwise they'd be called Squ@ts. And AFAIK that's all rumor mill mumbo jumbo.

#4 BrotherKane

BrotherKane

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

I would give squats different starting characteristics like in wfrp.  Can't remember what they are in wfrp but +5 Str and T but -10 agi maybe?  I'm not really familiar with squats in the lore.  Otherwise they are probably the same as humans from a career standpoint.  You could however house rule some talents to have 'squat stronghold' as a homeworld.

#5 Lucien Kallus

Lucien Kallus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

Alekzanter said:

Show me something published by GW that has the word Squ@t(s) in it and I'll believe it. Otherwise we have The Inquisition War trilogy (mid 80s) that was reprinted a few years back with the word Squ@t in it, and even then it was forwarded by Gav Thorpe as a "take this with a grain of salt" regarding plucky Grimm. Demi-Urg are not Squ@ts, otherwise they'd be called Squ@ts. And AFAIK that's all rumor mill mumbo jumbo.

The new 40K rulebook…….

#6 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

Lucien Kallus said:

The new 40K rulebook…….

To expand on this, the new edition of the core rules has a fluff section that details the abhumans of the imperium. One such example is indeed the Squat.

#7 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Lucien Kallus said:

The new 40K rulebook…….

Does Dark Heresy follow any particular Warhammer 40k edition, or is it its own canon?

#8 Lucien Kallus

Lucien Kallus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

It is in the 40k universe but is essentially set in an area created by FFG that has its own history and so on whilst not competing with the background created by GW but running alongside as part of it. I consider it canon as much as any other GW publication, indeed I think that of all of FFG's 40k liscences. Most times  they are better written and more realistic/stick to the ethos of the 40k universe.

#9 Cobramax76

Cobramax76

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Id say check on the Dark Reign website as if memory serves i found an actual file there for the Squats to be used as an abhuman PC race ( along with Ogryn, ratlings, etc ) I have it on my files on comp now so if they havent kept it on the site feel free to email me with a return addy and ill send you a copy of the file if you want.

#10 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Squats are back in canon, but I would say that Lathesmasters are a nod to them.

I want to see more about the Longshanks, Felinids, and the shark-people.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS