Explaining the 40K 'verse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bighara

bighara

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

I'm considering running a DH game for my group, but most of them are not really up on 40K. So I hot upon the idea of doing a short series of slideshow vids to sort of give them a "Cliff Notes" version of things. I'm not striving for 100% canon, but more to give them a general idea of major events, elements, and tone. Here is the first part. C&C welcome. 

javascript:void(0);/*1344959127409*/

#2 Jeff Tibbetts

Jeff Tibbetts

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

That is a brief overview. While it's not bad in terms of info, and I dig the music, you NEED art. Nothing evokes the scale, horror, and "minutes to midnight" feel of 40K better than the artwork created for the purpose. Avoid the silly stuff (John Blanche, mostly) and focus on images of tech-priests, gothic architecture, hive cities, starships, xenos and daemons, etc. For people who are not well versed, the art is what really makes it seem plausible. Maybe you can supplement things, but don't leave it at text. 

#3 bighara

bighara

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Hm, I have a bunch of saved images I planned on using in the following vids. Maybe I'll try working some into this one.

I know this is short. I had written a lot more detail into outline originally, but I decided to keep it really "broad strokes" so as not to overwhelm them.

#4 bighara

bighara

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

OK, a slightly amended version. I'll try to make the later installments a little more dynamic.

javascript:void(0);/*1344969330551*/

#5 Attila-IV

Attila-IV

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRHOIW7y8y4 

Just have your players watch that and stop the video after the 40K slogan.

#6 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Warhammer40k lore in a minute use this. And Then, unleash them on tvtropes.

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS