Photo

[Request] Suggested maps for an Arbitrator Fortress?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Greetings,

I am currently running a heavily modified version of the Deathwatch freebee, having my PC running around in the city of Lordsholm on Avalos during a full scale civil war in search of 

a) two missing acolythes
b) a Magos and a Patriach of the Genestealers

Currently, they visited the formaly besieged Arbites Fortress for some clues (one of the two missing acolythes was an Arbitrator himself and YES, he stored some encrypted records their). Most of the forma 50 Arbitrators are dead by know (they where lured into a trap at the beginning of the war, weaks ago). The Technomants inside the Fortress are part of the cult, the few remaing Arbitrators (a veteran with shoddy Bionics, now in charge; three Verispex Adepts and two further Arbitrators) are not. 

The Cults used some surveillance device to spy on the meeting of the PC (they demaned a word in privat with the man in charge). The traitors know managed to take over the security system of the fortress and the  PC need to go down several levels of the fortress in order to break into Aservat Chamber (the Technomants re-directed controls to a terminal their) while the Technomants unlock all these servitors and cyber-creatures one by one to unleash them against the Loyalist in an attempt to kill them off and to take over Fortress.

My only problem here…any idea for a suiting map? Any source is welcome.

#2 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Does that help?

Different setting, but … hey - Judges .. Arbites .. we all know the connection.

current 40k RPG character: Captain Elias, Celestial Lions Tactical Marine   
previous characters: Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader frigate Artemisia)

#3 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi Lynata

at least, very inspiring. But I am actually looking for some samples for actual floor plans. See; my group will need to fight cyber-sentries and out-smart machine-spirits on a level-to-level basis …and I will at least need a genereal floor plan for this. I know that will have to this on my own in order to match my very specific needs…but i desperately need some inspiration

#4 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Go to Google, type in "alcatraz map of prison", click images. Voila! Amazing stuff. Hope that helps.

#5 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

Alekzanter said:

Go to Google, type in "alcatraz map of prison", click images. Voila! Amazing stuff. Hope that helps.

sorry, but not really. If I think "Arbites Fortress" it more like "military outpost with attached court" and less like "Prison". They will have holding cells for sure, but I do not think that they keep anything but hardcore heretics/traitors (or perhaps Psykers) locked up. The rest is either executed, given to the Inquisition or handed over to the "regular Enforcers". 

Does anybody know about a publication fitting my bill? Ia am currently toying with the idea of buying a PDF from the Judge Dread line (Megacity One Archives: The Justice Departments) since it boosts that it has information about "Sector Houses". Does anyone know this supplement? Is their a map inside?

EDIT: By the way: I got myself "Darwin´s World: Foundationists". While they have some nice CONCEPT MAPS in regard to fortresses they do not have floor plans

If I get my head around it and find the sweet time I will make available whatever I will finally brew up for my 50 Arbitrators Precinct Fortress

#6 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

Try "prison floor plan" then. Try "Arbites Fortress with attached court  floor plan"…probably plenty of those banging around on the 'net. I was just trying to point you in a helpful direction. 

When I think "Arbites Fortress" I think Hive World, Shine World, Imperial World, Fortress/War World, hence needing a high cell count. What's not "fortress" about Alcatraz? Not knowing the setting you're placing it in didn't help. And Arbites will have plenty of "petty" offenders in their cells, languishing for years, possibly unto death and beyond before a Judgment is passed. Tax evasion, theft of Munitorum supplies, crap, even inheriting a library that contains a book of fell sorceries will get you locked up, whether you knew of it or not. And judgments have been known to be passed on to surviving generations. Po-dunk backwater "fortress" = Dodge City jailhouse in 1874, rare visits from Imperial authorities, summary executions (no need for a court) and a handful of ACTUAL Arbites. 

Sorry to have been of little help.

#7 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Would this help u, the Joseph P. Kinneary United States Courthouse, Columbus, Ohio

ksamedia.osu.edu/media/39396

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#8 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Angel of Death said:

Would this help u, the Joseph P. Kinneary United States Courthouse, Columbus, Ohio

REJOICE!

Thank you for the courthouse map, this at least gives me an idea for the court-section in the first leve. Alas, I finsihed my game with sub-standard maps and actually decided to never ever try anything like this again. In fact, I failed miserably as a GM again :(

#9 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

Gregorius21778 said:

REJOICE!

Thank you for the courthouse map, this at least gives me an idea for the court-section in the first leve. Alas, I finsihed my game with sub-standard maps and actually decided to never ever try anything like this again. In fact, I failed miserably as a GM again :(

Have you decided to never use maps again or to never use sub-standard maps?

Personally I think that maps (especially real ones) are only really good for spurring a GMs imagination. Handing out a very real map is usually overkill (unless you are playing a heist game and planning something is a big part of the game).

#10 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Gregorius21778 said:

Angel of Death said:

REJOICE!

Glad I could help u, running modern game I find real world maps helpful.  My Searchfu for maps is good.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#11 Cobramax76

Cobramax76

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Wish i had seen this post earlier Gregorius21778.  I have a ton of maps from all different kinds of things ive collected over the years and would be happy to email them to you.  If you want maps for future stuff since were already on friends list together just send me an email here with your regular email addy youd like me to send them to and ill do just that within a few days of getting it.  Might be a few emails though given how many files i have of them ( many in color and labeled / numbered ). The same goes for any who are on friends list that want the maps as well just drop me an email with return addy to send them to and consider it done.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS