Universe Mass Conveyor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gaius

Gaius

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm going to be starting a game this weekend and was talking with one or two of my players earlier and we discussed different ships including the Universe Mass Conveyor which seems like it could be a very interesting choice with lots of opportunities for fun running around the giant vessel. Obviously not going to be the deadliest in combat compared to others but the sheer space it has seems to lend to many opportunities including having various NPC community leaders and factions even if they can't possibly hold the kind of sway the PCs can they can be interesting allies and competitors. I'm curious to hear from anyone who has used this vessel as their main ship previously about their experiences.

#2 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

This ship can be a lot of fun, but can also potentially skyrocket profit factor. My group eventually ended up with 2 of them, one simply to haul massive amounts of cargo around.

#3 Lengytam

Lengytam

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Our team bought a Universe class transport. They use salvage system with high crew rating to loot many components. The player who bought it asked about the ship. At the weapon text explained the broadside macrocannons can't be installed to transports, because these ship are too smalls. The question is: Why can't he install broadside to a transport which is bigger than many cruiser?

#4 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

• Members
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

Lengytam said:

Our team bought a Universe class transport. They use salvage system with high crew rating to loot many components. The player who bought it asked about the ship. At the weapon text explained the broadside macrocannons can't be installed to transports, because these ship are too smalls. The question is: Why can't he install broadside to a transport which is bigger than many cruiser?

Maybe the hull type simply doesn't accommodate it?

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#5 Cornwallis

Cornwallis

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

I would allow it, without a book in hand I think I remember the broadsides says it cant be on smaller than LC, not specifically mentioning ships? I saw it as also they have no port/starboard weapon mounts where they can fit. I then saw the same for the landing bays (besides cargo lander) I ended up house-ruling any ship with the mounts are considered big enough. My group now has a factory ship transport with port and starboard landing bays and a cargo landing bay. (pretty sure factory ship… I know one of the transports besides universe has port/starboard slots)

#6 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Lengytam said:

An oil tanker may be as large (or larger) than a battleship, but that doesn't mean it can be outfitted with a battleship's guns.   The same is for a Universe Class Conveyor; it may be larger, but perhaps it isn't structurally sound as a light cruiser.  Besides, if you want a hybrid between a warship and a transporter, use a Conquest-class Star Galleon. (Battlefleet Koronus, pg. 23-24)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS