Pit Fiends

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rophan

Rophan

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

I've noticed that the Pit Fiends on the Inner Track rarely have any effect on a player.  In most games we play the player kills them without even having to roll the die.  We've discussed raising the strength of the Pit Fiends to 6 (possibly even 8?) to make them more challenging, but I thought I'd post here and see if there are any other ideas about how to make them more of a challenge.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

They are meant to slow the Craft characters from drawing the Gnome and then hitting the Inner Region with their Str 2. Of course, if you're defeating them without needing to roll a die while taking the Craft path, I'd say you've waited WAY too long to hit the Inner Region, should've gone to the center sooner.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Persiatic

Persiatic

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Rophan said:

I've noticed that the Pit Fiends on the Inner Track rarely have any effect on a player.  In most games we play the player kills them without even having to roll the die.  We've discussed raising the strength of the Pit Fiends to 6 (possibly even 8?) to make them more challenging, but I thought I'd post here and see if there are any other ideas about how to make them more of a challenge.

Imo the pit fiends are pretty ok, as Dam said if you have more than 5 strenght with a craft char and reached the pitfiends you waited way to long to go for the crown.

The dragon expansion actually comes with a updated inner region where they have swichted the mines and crypt, so craft chars now go the crypt way and in general made the inner region a bit harder which I like.

#4 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Still haven't gotten my copy of the 4th edition(due to arrive, but in the 2nd edition we houseruled the Pit fiends to delay the characters fighting them(you may only confront one Pit Fiend per turn).That's how we've alawys played, anyway.

We'll also be banning spending of fate in the inner region(doesn't seem fair).

Also, for the werewolf's den, we thought about rolling 3 dice to determine the creature's strength.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS