3 player game

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 zelq

zelq

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

How does this game play for 3 people? I've that 2 player could be bad and 4 sounds good. Stuck in the middle here :)

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

zelq,

It's not ideal for three but it's doable. The game is unparalleled with 5, great with 6, very good with 4, and playable with 3 or 7. To be honest, if I have three people I choose other games besides BSG, but if my playgroup were small enough that I could never get more than 3, I would probably try BSG with 3. Hope this helps.

#3 zelq

zelq

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thanks. I'm really tempted to pick it up. Primary group is just 3. What would your recommendations be for that size group? I'm looking for a good co-op game, which is why I'm interested in this, but really any GOOD game will do :)

#4 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

I often play 3 player BSG and greatly enjoy it.

#5 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

I don't mean to plug other games on FFG's board, because honestly BSG is truly my hands-down favorite game. But I don't play it with fewer than four. Personally, my favorite game for three is "Through the Ages." Other popular games with a sweet spot of three players include "Dominion" and "Agricola," to name a few. I don't want to spend too much time discussing the relative merits of each on FFG's board, but you can't go wrong with those.

#6 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

What about 2 player recommendations? 

#7 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Well, the ones mentioned above are also considered very good for two players, but they pale in comparison to "Twilight Struggle." That game is just ridiculously good. It has strategy and thematic richness to rival BSG and is for only two players. I really consider it a jaw-dropping game.

All that being said, once I get four or more players I tend to switch to FFG. Their big games are grand and attractive and complicated in a good way. They do what they do better than anyone else. 

#8 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it appears Twilight Struggle is difficult to get hold of in the UK. Will have to see what I can find.

#9 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Oh I'll bet. And admittedly I may have a bit of US bias pushing my respect for that game but I think anyone will love it. Hmm, I also have been enjoying a game called "Stronghold" lately as a good strategy game for two.

#10 Mephisto666

Mephisto666

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

How about War of the Ring for 2 player?  Thats seem to be a hit an designed for 2.

Speaking of Through the Ages, the dice game Roll Thru the Ages is kinda fun, good solid wood dice…  I have it as an App also - play it at the airport waiting for the plane and such!

#11 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'll check some of these out. Thanks.

#12 mijofo71

mijofo71

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Orcs nest shop has Twilight Struggle, but Out of stock at the moment, and at £45 not too bad a price for a board game. If you haven't tried there already.

#13 J0HN_L0CKE

J0HN_L0CKE

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've only ever played it with 3 players :(

I love it and can still tell it would be so much better with 5

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS