Jump to content



Photo

Light Power Armour, image examples


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 remmus

remmus

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Just curious if anyone had any good reference images of how a light power armour looks like in the 40k universe. since obviously the iconic standard one worn by Marines kinda gets front cover.



#2 ShadowRay

ShadowRay

    Member

  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

 Sorioritas Power Armour is essentialy Light Power Armour. And it can be easily found by google. Other than that I don't think I've ever seen one in the books. I think they would be somethink like in Fallout Tactics: BoS (it even has armlets, and all WH40k power armours have epic armlets).



#3 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

    Member

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

I'd think that space marine scouts use light ones? 



#4 remmus

remmus

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

ShadowRay said:

 Sorioritas Power Armour is essentialy Light Power Armour. And it can be easily found by google. Other than that I don't think I've ever seen one in the books. I think they would be somethink like in Fallout Tactics: BoS (it even has armlets, and all WH40k power armours have epic armlets).

 

ah forgot about those, that´s right, guess I google that then

 

PnPgamer said:

I'd think that space marine scouts use light ones?

Deathwatch describes Scout Armour as a special type of Carapace armour.

 



#5 brother maxximus

brother maxximus

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

 I always imagened a more form fitting model without the bulky shoulder guards.



#6 remmus

remmus

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

brother maxximus said:

I always imagened a more form fitting model without the bulky shoulder guards.

Actually reading threw the text in the core rulebook about how often traitor forces, marine or not have Power Armour that can be all the way back to the Horus Heresy era. Consider the blunt, medieval feel of older generation Marine armour, I could imagen light armour looking like some modernised medieval full plate.



#7 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

    Member

  • Members
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

remmus said:

brother maxximus said:

 

I always imagened a more form fitting model without the bulky shoulder guards.

 

 

Actually reading threw the text in the core rulebook about how often traitor forces, marine or not have Power Armour that can be all the way back to the Horus Heresy era. Consider the blunt, medieval feel of older generation Marine armour, I could imagen light armour looking like some modernised medieval full plate.

Older models were generally heavier than the 'modern' models. None of the armour used by Space Marines has ever been 'light' power armour.


Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

 

Now Ignoring: Nobody.


#8 remmus

remmus

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

HappyDaze said:

Older models were generally heavier than the 'modern' models. None of the armour used by Space Marines has ever been 'light' power armour.

I was talking purely out of a aesthetic angle, I´m fully aware Space Marines never used light Power armours, I was drawing parallels between the design of Heresy era Marine power armour and how a light power armour could share the same sources of inspiration, consider the Black Crusade book hints it seamed more common back then for the Imperium to make power armours fit for common men, not just the Astartes.



#9 Kiton

Kiton

    Member

  • Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Scouts actually wear carapace. Its unpowered but its got stealth coatings, autoinjectors and plenty of other goodies.



#10 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

    Member

  • Members
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

I've taken to using the term Light Power Armour to refer to any non-Legion/Astartes PA in my games.


Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

 

Now Ignoring: Nobody.


#11 remmus

remmus

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

HappyDaze said:

I've taken to using the term Light Power Armour to refer to any non-Legion/Astartes PA in my games.

 

as in ya always calling them that, or as in BC humans can never get the standard none legion power armour?






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS