• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 HyenaSpotz

HyenaSpotz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

I don't know, seems pretty good.

I've been excited about NBN for a while now (ever since I saw Psychographics), and the idea of unbreakable ice is definitely appealing. Scorched Earth only costs 4 influence, so I figured dropping 3 in an NBN deck might be a good idea.

But wait! Data Raven is only TWO influence! So you could throw three of those in a Weyland Consortium deck and have plenty of breathing room. Plus you can tutor up either of those with Aggressive Negotiations. That seems insane!

Suffice it to say that if I ever have to lower myself to Running, I won't be spending my last click on a run against an NBN player!

#2 DeathByLiche

DeathByLiche

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Lower yourself to running? The entire point of being the runner is running…

#3 HyenaSpotz

HyenaSpotz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

DeathByLiche said:

Lower yourself to running? The entire point of being the runner is running…

I like playing Corp. ;) 

#4 DeathByLiche

DeathByLiche

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

Ah I see. I am right there with you, I like playing and building decks for the corp more too. :) But you still have to be able to play both. 

#5 HyenaSpotz

HyenaSpotz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

That you do. I'm looking pretty hard at Shaper and Criminal right now. But, as I said, it seems like a really bad idea to make a run your last action against NBN, since you won't be able to ditch any tags.

#6 pwnguin

pwnguin

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

It's usually a bad idea to run as your last action, precisely because of these cleanup problems.

#7 AussieKSU

AussieKSU

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Even not running with your last click doens't save you from data raven's counter. I think it would be wise to include some cards like decoy - trash to avoid receiving a tag.

#8 stahlkralle

stahlkralle

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Don't wanna ruin your fun - but there will be only ONE Data Raven per box. If you wanna add 3 you gotta have to buy three boxes.

#9 Shockwave

Shockwave

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

You sure? The image of Data Raven that I have seen on BGG shows it as a 3 per set card

#10 Jekothalep

Jekothalep

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

The card itself indicates that there will be 3 Data Ravens inside the Core Set.

But we don't know yet how many Scorched Earth cards there will be. They didn't update the image.

The Key and the Gate

#11 stahlkralle

stahlkralle

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

Opps -my fault. The card has a the 3 copies sign on it… (damm - sorry)

#12 HyenaSpotz

HyenaSpotz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

stahlkralle said:

Don't wanna ruin your fun - but there will be only ONE Data Raven per box. If you wanna add 3 you gotta have to buy three boxes.

Although others have noted the 3-of thing already, I have four boxes on the way, so I am covered no matter what! *Steeples fingers, chuckles in a sinister tone*

I suspect there will be 1 or 2 Scorched Earth in the Core Set (leaning toward 2), but who knows? I am no expert on these things.

#13 AussieKSU

AussieKSU

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Is it just me, or do these pieces of IC with "when encountered effects" seem way overpowered?

I'm pretty sure I saw one that was "when encountered, you may advance any card that could normally be advanced". Wow, uh, 3 of them please.

#14 HyenaSpotz

HyenaSpotz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

AussieKSU said:

Is it just me, or do these pieces of IC with "when encountered effects" seem way overpowered?

I'm pretty sure I saw one that was "when encountered, you may advance any card that could normally be advanced". Wow, uh, 3 of them please.

That was my original point exactly! NBN is like, well, our ice sucks, except for the fact it's bah-roken.

#15 Treguard

Treguard

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

AussieKSU said:

I believe this is the bad boy in question:

#16 NuFenix

NuFenix

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

Only 1 to rez and a faction cost of 2, so it could splash into any deck it wants to reasonably well. I have a feeling these may turn up in Weyland decks ;)

#17 Treguard

Treguard

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

It'd be pretty strong in any deck, which could be a touch problematic…

#18 HyenaSpotz

HyenaSpotz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Treguard said:

It'd be pretty strong in any deck, which could be a touch problematic…

Yes, though at least you have to pay a bit (though 2 may be better). Then again, AstroScript Pilot Program doesn't have an influence cost and I would argue it is worse.

That's what shocked me most about Data Raven. Originally I was evaluating Scorched Earth to put in my NBN deck, and it costs 4. I thought to myself, there is no way Data Raven has an influence cost. Not only DID it have a cost, it was only 2!

NBN's influence costs seem extremely low, and I suspect we will see a lot of Weyland / NBN decks in the meta.

Of course, not everything has been revealed yet. We don't know all the tricks Runners have up their filthy unwashed sleeves. And, naturally, the cards may play very differently than they read. Still, NBN looks to be on good footing as a support in any deck.

#19 byronczimmer

byronczimmer

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

As an Agenda, Astroscript Pilot Program is only available to NBN, so it can't be in 'any' deck, only NBN decks.

#20 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

And it doesn't have a trash cost, so the runner cannot even get rid of it (short of cards we haven't seen yet).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS