• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Gantz the slaughterer

Gantz the slaughterer

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

hi all,

if I take the signature wargear, this talent grant me a chainsword. but I'm a 1° level tactical marine, so I expend only 5 req. point.

when I will accumulate enough renown, my chainsword can be adjusted to be a master crafted chaisword (req.5 x 2=10) ? or I need to take again the signature wargear talent?

regards

#2 Thebigjul

Thebigjul

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

When buying signature war gear you can take a weapon you have the reknow for. But then nothing forbid you to upgrade it in the limit of point attribute to signature wargear.

For exemple

Chain sword 5pts

mastercraft +5 pts(+ 5 WS)

Maglock +5 pts

Maybe it isn't RAW but don't remember to have read anything against it…

So if not canon polease forgive me.

#3 .113

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

When you take the skill you can get one item as part of your wargear, in the case of a chainsword you could add maglock I guess, but the mastercraft need you to be respected or more, so unless you are already respected I'd stay away from it. In my eyes it's stupid but that's just the way it is.

If you wait until respected you can take powerswords, i think some plasma weapons, make them mastercrafted and a whole other bunch of stuff, but before you become respected it seems like points that could be spent elsewhere. Especially if you only wanted a 5requisition chainsword.

#4 Nathiel

Nathiel

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, if you just want a chainsword, then spend 5 of your req on one each mission.  The no renown things I've seen to some great use with Sig wargear have been things like Jump Packs and Diagnostor helms.

Granted it didn't take us long to hit Respected since we did Oath of Glory for the first few missions.  a th that point Sig wargear Storm bolter or Power Weapon is a much better way to go I think. 

#5 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Gantz the slaughterer said:

hi all,

if I take the signature wargear, this talent grant me a chainsword. but I'm a 1° level tactical marine, so I expend only 5 req. point.

when I will accumulate enough renown, my chainsword can be adjusted to be a master crafted chaisword (req.5 x 2=10) ? or I need to take again the signature wargear talent?

regards

When you take Signature Wargear you are allowed to select any item you
1) currently have enough renown to requisition normally
2) which costs no more requisition than the talent allows (i.e. 20 for signature wargear)
3) and can be of any level of craftsmanship as long as upgrading the craftsmanship doesn't violate the first two rules above.

Once you purchase an item with Signature Wargear it becomes standard equipment for the character who purchased it.
You can not upgrade your Signature Wargear item for free, it does not automatically upgrade in craftsmanship as your character ranks up.

In order to improve your Signature Wargear Item's craftsmanship you must upgrade it with Signature Wargear (Master) or purchase a new item with a seperate Signature Wargear. You still count as using your first Signature Wargear talent even if you no longer wish to use the item requesitioned with it, unless you take Signature Wargear (Master) which allows you to replace your previous item with a new one. If swapping your item with Signature Wargear (Master) the original pre-requisite Signature Wargear talent is still used.

So be careful when choosing signature wargear.

#6 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

So I'm an Assault Marine.  Let's say I'm Respected.  What sig wargear should I take?  I was thinking run of the mill Power Sword. 

Feedback/thoughts?

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#7 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

CrunchyDemon said:

So I'm an Assault Marine.  Let's say I'm Respected.  What sig wargear should I take?  I was thinking run of the mill Power Sword. 

Feedback/thoughts?

I find that signature wargear is far more useful on non-weapon items, utility or expendable things that your character could benefit from. Things like jump packs, diagnostor helms (as mentioned) but also melta bombs, cryo grenades, special ammunition, teleport homers etc.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#8 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 980 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

I'd be inclined to agree Kasatka, with one exception. Signature Wargear (Hero). The items which require even close to 70 requisition are mostly weapons and armour.

#9 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

I'm a bit rusty on the rulings here but couldn't you use signature(hero) to take multiple grenades (of the same type) for example?

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#10 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Kasatka said:

I'm a bit rusty on the rulings here but couldn't you use signature(hero) to take multiple grenades (of the same type) for example?

No, you cannot take consumable items with signature wargear.

#11 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

As a tactical marine you have access to "Right Gear For The Job" from rites of battle, it gives you access to a signature wargear much cheaper (from a specific list), but the ring dinger is that you don't need the reknown to upgrade it, so you can start out with a master-crafted powersword. That usually does it if you really want to abuse the rules :P

#12 Darshaagan

Darshaagan

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Just to clarify, anyway you see it you can (normaly) at maximum have 3 signatur wargear items. 1 at Hero level, 1 at master (if you upgrade the talent) and 1 normal. You can not use the talent to buy multiple items up to 20,40 or 70 req. points. Each talent is for 1 item only. Would use the hero for armor or weapons, the others for wargear/tools etc.

#13 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Not entirely correct. You can buy as many base-level Signature Wargears as appear on your tables, or are allowed with Elite Advance.

Signature Wargear (Master) specifically says you either apply it to existing Signature Wargear (and upgrade your 20-req item up to 40 with craftsmanship or presumably add-ons) or take a whole new item worth 40 req or less. However it does not give an additional item if you already have Signature Wargear: you either upgrade the item bought with the prereq, or replace.

And Signature Wargear (Hero) has zero prerequisites, so that can be a whole new expensive item.

Normal Astartes get Signature Wargear at rank 1 and 5; Signature Wargear: Master at rank 2, and Signature Wargear: Hero at Rank 7. So you can have 1 at 20, 1 at 40, and 1 at 70.

This is leaving aside Signature Wargear obtained from Advanced Specialty tables, roleplaying, etc.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS