• Guests

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Looks good! Keep up the good work

#5 Wolvan

Wolvan

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Is that the one from the original core set or the individual box?

The issue I have with the one from the individual box are the legs are way spread like its stepping, not like yours above.  It constantly falls over if you touch it, falling off the base.  I might have to glue it to the base as it doesn't appear the legs move, but don't want to break them.  I'm new to miniature gaming so am sorta scared to try messing with it.

Any advice on the legs would be appriciated!

#6 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

That's weird because I have a couple of the individual box ones and they look just like that and they are already were on a base and I didn'e have to glue anything, etc. just put on the turret I wanted depending on what trim I wanted to use it as. The only model I have ever had to do that with is the new cobra/rattler box where it came with the "leg up" pose and off the base… otherwise every other model I have bought for axis and allies came totally pre-assembled. For my SSU, Grand'ma came off the base but that was a 2 second glue job and the clear part of the flying stand for the choppers had to be glued to the bases, but that was it. If I remeber correctly, the KV47 walkers came on the base, or at least I only remember having to glue Grand'ma… but I am absolutely positive that my Pounder/Mickey/Steel Rain/Hotdog boxes were totally built and looked exactly like the pics shown.

#7 Wolvan

Wolvan

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

Doh,

Your right.  I mixed up my mechs!  I meant the cobra/rattler.

Any suggestions on that mech?  Just glue to base?

(sorry, only started playing this last weekend at Gencon…mixed up the names) 

#8 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

LOL, no problem. It happens. I just glued it down but I glued it slightly different from the pics and the way the holes in the base show. I think it looks pretty cool like its walking although I know a lot of people re-pose it standing on an ammo crate or something. I just cut off the pegs under the feet and glued it down the way I thought it looked best. I am actually quite fond of the way its posed. Now I just have to find the time to finish painting it. Just ignore the other models in the pics and pretend they are dust models, lol. I had the buildings set up for pics for a different forum that I was updated my buildings for, lol.

#9 Wolvan

Wolvan

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

That looks awesome too!

I have never painted mini's before so its going to be interesting.  I have some friends who do for advice, plus forums, guides etc that I can read up on.  

#10 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

It is not finished yet and the base is certainly not finished yet, but thanks. I only put pics to show the position of the feet as to where I glued them down to the base as, like I said, I didn't use the stock holes on the base and actually cut the pegs right off so that I could mount it to the base in a more stable and pleasing looking way.

I don't want to take over from the fact that this thread is about Tangopup's fantastic looking Pounder.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS