Alternate Ranks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ironshield

Ironshield

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

After one to many "Hey! i didn't know i could become X" reactions when players discovered yet another alternate rank hidden deep in some ancient tome i ask you: are there any other "hidden" alt ranks found in other FFG rpgs, web supplements and so on?

-Ironshield

#2 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yes. So many. Just in IH, RH, DaeH, BoJ, BoM, etc. to start with, let alone the minor things you find in CA/DDG for example and that is before web erratta (like 'Salvation demands Sacrifice' which has some extra RH alt ranks).

#3 Samasboy

Samasboy

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Which brings to mind a question….

When using a Rogue Trader alt rank in Dark Heresy, what rank do you grant access to the alt rank at?

For example, take Genetor. The requirement says Rank 3 (10,000 xp).  Would you use the rank (3) or the xp (10,000, which is rank 8),

#4 Ironshield

Ironshield

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Cymbel said:

Yes. So many. Just in IH, RH, DaeH, BoJ, BoM, etc. to start with, let alone the minor things you find in CA/DDG for example and that is before web erratta (like 'Salvation demands Sacrifice' which has some extra RH alt ranks).

I'm not that well versed in RT slang, could you give me the full name of the books?

and i am also very interested in Samasboy's question.

#5 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

That is DH "slang"

But:

DH- Dark Heresy Core

IH - Inquisitor's Handbook

RH - Radical's Handbook

BoM - Blood of Martyrs

BoJ - Book of Judgement

DaeH - Daemon Hunter

CA - Creatures Anathema

DDG - Disciples of the Dark Gods

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS