• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

what add ons are good?

Any must buys or shouldnt are the regions as good as they look?

Lilikin

You know it!

#2 Cruan

Cruan

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Among the small ones, the Blood Moon is imho the best so far, followed by the Sacred Pool..

From the big ones, Highlands, then the Dungeon and the Dragon as the last.

#3 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

thank you. Let me get this right the large ones come with a region each and more rules and the small ones are just cards?

You know it!

#4 Fogity

Fogity

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Highlands and Dungeon are regions that branch out from the main board, while the Dragon includes a replacement for the inner region and a mechanic that make you draw dragon cards on the main board. The small expansions add new rules and many more adventure cards.

The Reaper adds the Grim Reaper as a non-player character and quite a few new cards, Frostmarch mostly adds content, Sacred Pool adds a bit of new mechanics but also new adventure cards and the Blood Moon adds a bit change to the game with day/night mechanic and the Werewolf.

I have not had the Blood Moon expansion for long, but it seems to be a favorite among a lot of people.

I would recommend getting a small expansion first to boost the adventure deck. Blood Moon contains a lot of interesting adventure cards and new mechanics that can be add variety to the game. The Reaper has been recommended as a first time buy earlier though.

All games contain a few characters, and usually some more spells. The small expansions contain about a hundred adventure cards and the big ones almost none, but they have their own decks. All games but Reaper and Dungeon add alternate endings that change the goal of the game a bit. The small expansions also add some new mechanics that are optional to play with but contribute to a richer game.

Hope that helped clear up a bit. :)

#5 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

thank you just the advicd I needed!

You know it!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS