The Lost City of Atlanta Call of Cthulhu League August 30th

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lee_Murdock

Lee_Murdock

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

On Thursday August 30th, right between Gencon and Dragoncon, we are starting a Call of Cthulhu LCG league at the Raven's Nest in Marietta GA. We will have preconstructed decks for new players and game demos. We plan to meet every Thursday for six weeks. Other league nights are possible provided there is enough interest. The league participants can win:

-a Call of Cthulhu LCG core set.

-an Asylum Pack

-Custom double-sided Domain cards

-Plastic success tokens

-a Call of Cthulhu playmat featuring the artwork from the Khopesh of the Abyss card.

Online play via Lackey between registered league participants is allowed. All other league rules will be addressed on the thirtieth.

The Raven's Nest is located at 688 Whitlock Ave. Ste. 4, Marietta, Ga 30064 and www.rngames.com

#2 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Sweet!  I'll be there ;)

#3 Echo354

Echo354

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Glad this is getting started! This is Daniel btw, I played at dboeren's house with my girlfriend last week. We're both very interested in playing, although August 30th isn't a great starting night because we'll actually be going down to Dragon*Con that night to pick up badges and meet friends who are coming in from out of town. Is anyone interested in playing another day that week? We could even play at Dragon*Con at some point, it's free to get into the game room and there would probably be others there who would want to learn to play.

#4 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

I can probably play online w/ Lackey another night but I can't get 2 nights off to visit the game store.  Baby stuff, you know :)

#5 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

So, we had our first league night tonight.  Only two of us were able to make it, some of our other members were busy with DragonCon stuff since that's happening here in Atlanta this weekend too.

But, we had a great time and managed to fit in five games which was awesome with the followers of Yog-Sothoth claiming dominance over the fine intellectual chaps of Miskatonic University.  Beware though, they are planning another expedition this Fall with a host of reinforcements!

We also talked about the podcast idea.  Plans are not fully solidified yet, but it's looking good.

#6 Echo354

Echo354

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

Yep, my girlfriend and I were at Dragon*Con last weekend. This Thursday should work for me at least, although she recently started a new job on Thursday evenings so she might or might not be able to make it. About what time do you guys plan on being at the store and how long do you plan on playing?

#7 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Normally Lee and I both show up at roughly 5:30pm, basically as long as it takes to get there after work.  We usually wrap up around 10:00-10:30pm or so, but I can potentially stay a bit later.

However, Suzanne and I have to go down to Florida Thursday after work to attend a memorial service for one of her college friends so I will be unable to make it this week.

I'm anxiously looking forward to seeing you all the following Thursday though :)

#8 Echo354

Echo354

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

So this week my girlfriend has also been feeling sick (a post-Dragon*Con cold), and this morning I woke up with a full on case of it myself, so I won't be making it tonight.  I really want to play again some time soon, though, so I'm holding out for at least coming by next Thursday. Maybe we could work out some time before then to play, though? It wouldn't even have to be at the game store. How about next Monday or Tuesday evening?

#9 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Echo354 said:

So this week my girlfriend has also been feeling sick (a post-Dragon*Con cold), and this morning I woke up with a full on case of it myself, so I won't be making it tonight.  I really want to play again some time soon, though, so I'm holding out for at least coming by next Thursday. Maybe we could work out some time before then to play, though? It wouldn't even have to be at the game store. How about next Monday or Tuesday evening?

I'll call you and set something up.  Tuesday will probably work, I think Suzanne has bowling league on Monday night.

#10 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Looking forward to the league tonight, Lee said he was bringing in two more people who want to learn to play (but haven't yet).

Also, we did manage to get in some extra games Tuesday night - thanks to Echo354 and his girlfriend for stopping by.  I still want to take a run against that Cthulhu/Miskatonic deck sometime and see what kind of tuneups we can make to it.

#11 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

This past Thursday had a pretty good turnout again with seven people (including two more new attendees).  Things have been ramping up quite nicely!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS