Photo

Koronus Bestiary Forgot Something - Exarchs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

So, I recently just got Koronus Bestiary, along with First Foundings for DW, and I have to say, overall I am very pleased. If nothing else, I love Eldar, and finally getting a book with so many in it, including the new Shadow Spectre Aspect Warriors, made me VERY pleased, even if I don't care for Orks, or know enough about the Yu'Vath or Stryxis to be as excited that they are in there, too. One little gaping sadness for me, though, comes in the absence of Aspect Warrior Exarchs. Most groups can have one leading them, and I don't imagine one being more than the group could handle, compared to JUST a group of the Eldar's best fighters. I have Children of Isha, so that might inspire me, but might there be any fast and dirty ideas/rules that I can add to the standing AW blocks, to adequately reflect those best of Lost on the Roads Eldar? I can glean some of their weapons from other books, like Hostile Acquisitions, or take from Children of Isha, but the stat blocks, being different, might be harder to scale, and advice would be nice. Having the Dire Avenger Exarchs, and no others, is sort of sad.

Thanks much to anyone who might grant aide. Have a good one.

Ven

#2 Thebigjul

Thebigjul

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

If they give you the basic aspect trooper stats then you coukld pretty easly make your own exarchs character. Just boost the stats, give some skill and talents you as GM think to be the one the exarch need to have and within 10 minutes at the most you've got the exarch of your dream.

Don't always wait for things you can do.

Exarch are like veteran sergeant of the saquad, if you got the average trooper chafracteristic then more than half the work is done.

Good luck.

#3 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

Thebigjul said:

If they give you the basic aspect trooper stats then you coukld pretty easly make your own exarchs character. Just boost the stats, give some skill and talents you as GM think to be the one the exarch need to have and within 10 minutes at the most you've got the exarch of your dream.

Don't always wait for things you can do.

Exarch are like veteran sergeant of the saquad, if you got the average trooper chafracteristic then more than half the work is done.

Good luck.

Sorry, one of my little gripes with DW was always that they didn't seem to jsut stat the average Marine for me. While Space Marine shouldn't have to battle fellow Astartes Space Marine today, the book didn't give me a nice example for "you need one more guy in the group, who might die inexplicably?" purposes. I suppose one could use the Chaos Marine, minus the Chaos, but he sort of paid for that stuff, meaning without it, he might be a bit weaker than he should. Ergo, I couldn't just easily, for me, then level that up to a more Officer-level guy. Sort of like how, in that book, the Senior IG Officer seems inferior to his subordinate Field Command Officer, in practically every way.

One supposes I could assume their write-up of a Dire Avenger (DH: CA, p.78) is meant to stand well for it in Rt, too, and then look at their Exarch in Ascension (dodge the hurled chair), and see how much higher his stats are; enough of RT is walking around in Ascension-level stuff, ignoring a few things, especially if they are facing Eldar Aspect Warriors WITH Exarchs. Children of Isha would also serve me well for comparisons. I was just curious if anyone else had already done it; some of my ideas on here get the boo, for being overpowered, and many people here are a bit better at maintaining balance than I often might be.

Slightly sad they skipped the Eldar Jetbikes, for Warlocks, Seers, and Guardians, though I must say I appreciate the stats for the Shadow Spectres, even if it cost me Shining Spears.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS