What supplements are worth it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

I recently joined a RT pbp campaign as an astropath. Now, I've had the core rulebook for awhile but never really played. I've played DH and BC mostly, but getting into this and making an Astropath the look and feel REALLY got me hooked and I figured I need at least 1 or 2 supplements for this. Just like when I got inquisitors handbook and DH became that much better! 

So what should I get? Both as a player and DM, either for use in RT or sourcebooks for other 40k games. Tips are welcomed!

#2 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

As an Astropath, the book you'd want the most - The Navis Primer - sadly isn't out yet. It's the one after the next one (Soul Reaver), but it is a whole book dealing with Navigators and Astropaths, so if you're playing a longer-term campaign it might be worth picking up once it's out (whenever that turns out to be).

But from a 'players' perspective, Into the Storm is probably your first port of call, followed by Battlefleet Koronus. From a GM perspective I'd get both of those as well as Edge of the Abyss and The Koronus Bestiary. All the rest would be 'optional' (even if they are quite good!).

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#3 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Ghaundan said:

I recently joined a RT pbp campaign as an astropath. Now, I've had the core rulebook for awhile but never really played. I've played DH and BC mostly, but getting into this and making an Astropath the look and feel REALLY got me hooked and I figured I need at least 1 or 2 supplements for this. Just like when I got inquisitors handbook and DH became that much better! 

So what should I get? Both as a player and DM, either for use in RT or sourcebooks for other 40k games. Tips are welcomed!

YOu want Into the Storm.

#4 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

Alright! Ended up with both Into the Storm, and since the dollar is so weak I picked up battlefleet koronus as well :) Thanks for the help!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS