State of the game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CoydBooth

CoydBooth

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

This is probably the wrong area to post this question, but i was wondering how the game is doing as far  as sales, and player base wise? 

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii, where there might be one store catering to LCG's and the like. Definately nothing on the kona side of the island. I can't ask these questions nor do i have access to purchasing. As you know if you've tried to ship something to Hawaii, its not cheap. In fact it probably costs two times more than the original price. 

When my situation allows for it, i am going to move to the states. My inquiry i guess is more selfish than anything. 

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

I don't know if anyone can give you more than anecdotal evidence, or "we had this many people at x tournament compared to y last year". While these numbers seem to be increasing, the number of tournament players in one area may have little correlation to the number of actual players in that area, and less to the numbers for the country. While it may show more about the willingness and ability to travel to a tournament, some of the European regionals have had nice high numbers (Spain regional had 74). Better information would be time in between reprints, but since we don't actually know the amount of product printed…

I, too, live on an isolated island in the middle of nowhere, although mine is much colder and foggier, and with a tiny local meta (3 other people I know of). Thankfully I can order in cards cheaply - I wait for a fully Chapter Pack to come out (generally), to reduce shipping charges. My best source of games is actually playing through OCTGN3, the online tool for playing a variety of games - now that it has public hosting of games, it's much easier to find match-ups at any time of day. I'm *extremely* glad FFG has not quashed this, as it's a great tool to play the game and keep your interest up. Keeps me buying cards, even though 9/10ths of my game are virtual.

#3 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

9/10ths are virtual eh? Sumptin ain't right here Ethel.

#4 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

CoydBooth said:

When my situation allows for it, i am going to move to the states.

Spoken like a true haole   Ey bruddah -- Hawai'i IS in the states!

Double check the shipping costs from your online stores -- many (Amazon, most eBay sellers, and others) will ship to Hawai'i for the same cost as anywhere on the mainland.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS