OCTGN Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kevco11

kevco11

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Does anyone have a tutorial for this system. I would like to try it out but I can't even seem to get a single game started. I downloaded the game and set files like the directions indicated but I don't know how to get the game itself set up. I click on the set I want to play and all it does it highlight it. I'm sure I'm missing something pretty big here but I just don't know what it is. Any help with this would be great.

Also, in exporting decks from the deck builder by Zorbec, how can I export directly into OCTGN? Is there even a way to do that?

#2 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hi. I would recommend trying out LackeyCGG instead. There's a toturial there and it's not a pirate program as Octgn. While Octgn is a cool program they totally disregard FFG's rule about all cards being for sale for at least 6 months before porting them to any digital tabletop game simulators. Only program so forth respecting this is Lackey as it's up to the programmer of the individual plugins to respect FFG's wish. And the programmer for LotR do that :)

#3 plueschi

plueschi

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

This might be what you are looking for:

javascript:void(0);/*1344406801170*/

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

kevco11 said:

Does anyone have a tutorial for this system. I would like to try it out but I can't even seem to get a single game started. I downloaded the game and set files like the directions indicated but I don't know how to get the game itself set up. I click on the set I want to play and all it does it highlight it. I'm sure I'm missing something pretty big here but I just don't know what it is. Any help with this would be great.

Also, in exporting decks from the deck builder by Zorbec, how can I export directly into OCTGN? Is there even a way to do that?

coincidentaly i just downloaded it yesterday and managed to figure it out after a few tries- PM me if the video doesnt help and ill try and help you out

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#5 GhostWolf69

GhostWolf69

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

I didn't have any trouble following the "Get Started" instructions on their site at all.

Just get the .o8g -d and -s files.

Open the application.

Install the game (.o8g)

Select the game in the list.

Install the Sets (.o8s)

You're done.

The Decks are shosen when playing (Encounte Deck basically)

The Player Decks you have to build yourself, the Deck Editor is pretty Straight Forward and you can search and filter all you want so there shouldn't be any issues.

I like this tool. :-)

/wolf

#6 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Edit- never mind, figured it out

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#7 Nenya

Nenya

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Has anyone else had trouble downloading The Battle of Lake-Town or  Over Hill and Under Hill?  I have not had any trouble downloading any other encounter sets, but cannot seem to get the download link for these two.  I buy all the expansion sets and adventure packs, so I don't feel bad about using OCTGN.  Thanks

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS