armor and helmet (4th revised)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rithe

Rithe

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

ok, last night me and a few friends were over and the bored looked a bit like this.

the warrior walking around with an axe, a sword a helm and some armour.

the assasin with a sword, magic wand and unicorn

the monk with sweet F/A

after a while a dragon turned up and had a few choice words to say to the warrior and rolled a 5, he replyed by rolling a 1 and 2 on his attack… spent 1 point of fate on the 1 and rolled a 2… not the best roll ever… so he lost, and decided to let the armor go to work, he rolled a 3 and then took damage (his rolls were eaqually poor for the rest of the night)

but it did bring up an interesting question… if he has a helm and armour and if he fails that can he roll off the helm to try and negate the damage if the armor fails and if so could the assassin walk around with a runesword, shield, helm, and armor and be damn near unkillable?

we wernt to sure and to be on the safe side said "no"

thoughts and oppinions are welcome ^^

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

The answer is indeed no. Only one piece of armour can be used to prevent damage.

I always use the reasoning, that you are not stopping the whole combat from taking place, merely trying to deflect the last "killer blow" which would only affect one piece of armour.

An interesting thought did just occur to me though, in that if you were loaded with a Helmet, Shield and Armour, you could always roll to see which one was the site of the last strike! That way, if you want to stack your Object slots with Armour, you might just end up having to use your Helmet, instead of your shiny Armour!

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 Persiatic

Persiatic

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

hi, sorry to hijack the thread but this brought up another question I have had. There is an armor from the dragon expansion that gives +1 strength in battle, now would that count as the armor you use and prevent you from using a regular armor to prevent loss of life after battle? or is that only titled armor just so monk can't use it?

Cheers
Pers

#4 Rithe

Rithe

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

thanks for the reply, some how i missed it as i read throught the rule book -.-

as for the dragon armor, if i item type says "armor" then no a monk cant use it and it wont stack with other armor peaces either. but thats just the way i perceive it

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS