Built in wound tracking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Picked up some Litko 30mm combat dials this week.  I now have built in wound counters for my heroes.

#2 RobT

RobT

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

That's an interesting idea. Will you be basing the rest of your force on Litko bases, too? Or just your multi-wound models?

#3 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

RobT said:

That's an interesting idea. Will you be basing the rest of your force on Litko bases, too? Or just your multi-wound models?

Thanks.  Just the multi wound models.  The bases are nearly the same thickness as the dials, so they blend in easy enough.

#4 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

Crap, now there's a reason to break up the uniformity of my armies (Premium models, Premium bases).

Would theses glue onto the bottom of a normal DT base, if I cut out a part to see the number?

Are they the same diameter?

Anybody cut the regular bases for any reason to know if they cut okay, or do they snap in half if cut?

#5 Major Malfunction

Major Malfunction

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Shadow4ce said:

Anybody cut the regular bases for any reason to know if they cut okay, or do they snap in half if cut?

The plastic is fairly hard… I've purchased a few sets of the ice bases the Premiums come on to put my painted heroes and walkers on. I'd use a drill to get the hole near where you want it and then just carve out the corners/shape you want.

#6 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Shadow4ce said:

Crap, now there's a reason to break up the uniformity of my armies (Premium models, Premium bases).

Would theses glue onto the bottom of a normal DT base, if I cut out a part to see the number?

They are identical diameter, but the Litko piece has an octagonal shape, so it might not be completely seamless.  I think cutting a notch out of the front would probably work ok if you are careful.  Definitely post pics if you end up trying it.

#7 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

blkdymnd said:

Shadow4ce said:

They are identical diameter, but the Litko piece has an octagonal shape, so it might not be completely seamless.  I think cutting a notch out of the front would probably work ok if you are careful.  Definitely post pics if you end up trying it.

I happen to have an extra Oremium Priest & Grenadier X which I may brave the Drill approach suggested by MM. If I do, I'll let you ll know. But it'll be a while before I make my next Litko order. Got too many SSU stuff to buy (stupid Commissars making it possible to join two like units, lol). 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS