Autostabilized vs Bulging Biceps

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Is there any actual difference between these, other than BB giving a bonus to Hoist?

#2 ShadowRay

ShadowRay

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

You cannot get bulging biceps with minions due to high requierments (unless you give them skeletal petrification).

#3 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

That's it? I thought there might be some subtle difference between "always counts as braced" and "doesn't have to brace."

#4 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

No. In former times, Autostabilized was a lot better because it made Full and Semi Auto into half actions, but by BC, they're half actions anyway.

#5 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm not sure that I'm totally happy about even a Space Marine being able to move and fire a heavy bolter as if it were a rifle.

#6 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

umm this is an argument of talent vs weapon augment? 

#7 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

There simply seems to be no difference between them,

#8 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

think of it this way:

Bulging biceps costs x amount of xp, but after that you're good to go with every heavy weapon as you like.

Autostabilized weapon trait is received via upgrades, which are easy to come by eventually, but is only suitable to the weapon you?re looking to add it for.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS