Assassin special ability?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nightfox44

Nightfox44

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Ok, I have a question on the assassins special ability it says he can assassinate any creatures or Characters. Now if the Assassin is going to use his assassinate ability on another player to try and kill them and they have a follower that says they can sacrifice so as to not take the hit. Because it is player vs player does the assassin get another attack or after his assassinate or is his phase over? Even if he succeeds?

Can the assassin say that he doesn't want to kill the follower since his attack is at the player?

Does the Assassin get another attack at the character or is his resolution of his assassinate ability his turn?

Creatures die easily enought but players take multiple strikes(can the assassin keep assinatinating until the other character is dead? (Yikes!) Big argument over this one for my group and I really need to know what the offical ruling is? There doesn't seem to be anything on this specific occurance in the rules and my check of the boards didn't show me anything but alot of half answers to other questions.

#2 guciomir

guciomir

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Please reread the rules of the game. Your questions are really basic. Don't search for "assassin faq", but rather study how the turn is played. I'll show you example below:

Assassin enters a field with another character on it.

Assassin decides either to "meet" the character, or to encounter the space (for example draw a card). Lets say he chooses to "meet" another character.

Now Assassin decides either to attack character using normal rules (both players are rolling dices, but assassin can claim normal reward if he wins) or to use special ability (assassinate, only assassin rolls a dice, but can not claim normal reward). Let's say we are assassinating, and this is succesful, so the victim loses 1 life.

Player who just lost 1 life due to combat, can cast a spell or use ability or use follower, to prevent this life loss or even use armour. Assassin has nothing to say.

Fight ends,(in Talisman you fight only once, unless the card says "after the win, immediately attack again. Assasin does not have such "attack again ability)

#3 Nightfox44

Nightfox44

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thank you that is what I thought but we have some players who think that as a special ability for the assassin so he thought it should be different but we all told him that he was mistaken.

Now follow up question what if the player in question only has one life left and is hit by assassin in my interpretation of the rules a character can use any method available  to them to prevent or counter that  loss of life to prevent them from dying, is that how you see it? The character is not dead until after he chooses where the damage is applied?

#4 guciomir

guciomir

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

You can still use armor (one piece) or other means if you have them, to prevent loss of the final life point.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS