Jump to content



Photo

Spirit/Lore dwarves


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

    Member

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

I've been trying out a (solo) dwarf deck recently (having not really tried them out as a deck theme before), and I've been having good success against Khazadum/Dwarrodelf with this build:

Heroes (3):
Dain Ironfoot
Gloin
Bifur

Allies (22):
3 x Erebor Record Keeper
3 x Miner of the Iron Hills
3 x Erebor Hammersmith
3 x Erebor Battlemaster
2 x Longbeard Map-Maker
2 x Longbeard Elder
3 x Longbeard Orc Slayer
3 x Gandalf

Attachments (16):
3 x Legacy of Durin
3 x Dwarrowdelf Axe
3 x Ring Mail
3 x Narvi's Belt
3 x Steward of Gondor
1 x Path of Need

Events (12):
3 x Durin's Song
3 x Valiant Sacrifice
3 x Sneak Attack
3 x Lure of Moria

What do players more experienced with dwarves think? Any suggestions? I'm finding it fairly strong so far.

Also, I've seen several comments to the effect of not wanting to use Thorin Oakenshield in the same deck as Dain…so the other night I proxied Thorin and used him in place of Gloin in this deck - and despite the extra starting threat, I found him to be excellent. More reliable resource acceleration than Gloin, and better stats. The extra threat didn't really hurt, as I found the deck played faster with the more frequent resources and better stats.



#2 richsabre

richsabre

    Tea Drinker of the West

  • Members
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

ive been using pretty much the same deck for a few months and i agree- it works superbly

now however i think i have found an even better deck by using thalin-dain-bifur and having a strong tactics side with erebor battlemaster who is amazing….he can just wipe the play area….extremely powerful card…i splash in the spirit which is more effective than it would be we other races due to narvis belt

i attatch it on bifur who obviously can get an extra resource off someone else, and i also put steward on him- i find it works excellently

i found the dwarf cards are so good i couldnt do without a certain sphere so i really think 4 sphere is the way to go

i have used this deck against many of the quests and have won them easily- i have played anduin just now and walked it- even with some nasty draws

rich


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#3 plueschi

plueschi

    Member

  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

I second the Dain-Thalin-Bifur statement, they seem to be a strong bunch.

But now back to your deck: Gloin without any healing?? There is room for improvement ;)



#4 richsabre

richsabre

    Tea Drinker of the West

  • Members
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

plueschi said:

I second the Dain-Thalin-Bifur statement, they seem to be a strong bunch.

But now back to your deck: Gloin without any healing?? There is room for improvement ;)

i use warden of healing for my healing matters- hes a new addition- so im not yet completely sure about him, i may change him out…..thoughts?


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#5 plueschi

plueschi

    Member

  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

richsabre said:

plueschi said:

 

I second the Dain-Thalin-Bifur statement, they seem to be a strong bunch.

But now back to your deck: Gloin without any healing?? There is room for improvement ;)

 

 

i use warden of healing for my healing matters- hes a new addition- so im not yet completely sure about him, i may change him out…..thoughts?

Well, I was somehow commenting to the deck in the first post :P

There are many routes to playing Gloin though I guess (have you seen my recent article? The deck list is upcoming probably next week). I guess it really depends on how you want to interact with Gloin, so the Warden might be enough, haven't seen your deck, nor do I know your playstyle ;)



#6 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

    Member

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

 I tried out the warden for a couple of games, and found him to be pretty good - the only problem being that he's not a dwarf, so aside from gloin, he didn't really have any synergy with the rest of the deck. Might be worth it, though, I'll have to try him out some more.

 

That said, when the hobbit gets released I'm probably going to pull Gloin in favour of Thorin.



#7 richsabre

richsabre

    Tea Drinker of the West

  • Members
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

CaffeineAddict said:

 

 I tried out the warden for a couple of games, and found him to be pretty good - the only problem being that he's not a dwarf, so aside from gloin, he didn't really have any synergy with the rest of the deck. Might be worth it, though, I'll have to try him out some more.

 

That said, when the hobbit gets released I'm probably going to pull Gloin in favour of Thorin.

 

 

thorin looks an interesting character…im certainly going to try him in a deck when he comes out, though i still threat will peak in most games

 


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 





© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS