Revealed Cylons and activating Ships

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LynchMob

LynchMob

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

On page 24 is says that “Whenever there are any centurion tokens on the boarding party track and the Heavy raiders are activated (even by a revealed Cylon player) each centurion token moves one space toward the “Humans Lose” space.” (This is under the “Activate Heavy Raider and Centurions” heading.

But…on page 20 it says under “Revealed Cylon Players Turns”…

“Important Note: There are no “Activate Cylon Ship” and “Prepair for Jump” steps during a revealed Cylons players turn.”

So, which is it? How can the Centurions move on a Revealed Cylons player turn if there is no “Activate Cylon Ship” step on their turn, or do they just activate the Centurions on the boarding track anyway?

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hello LynchMob,

Actually, both are correct. There is no "Activate Cylon Ships" step as a part of crisis card resolution on revealed cylons' turns but it is possible for ships to activate other ways, including through cylon attack crises (maps), through use of the cylon fleet location, through crises and super crises that activate ships as part of their text, and through the use of treachery cards if you're using expansions. Hope this helps!  

#3 LynchMob

LynchMob

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

Sort of, but I was referring to the Boarding Cylons/Centurions alone. The Revealed Cylon can pull/play a crisis card, but they seem to always ignore the Prep Jump step (makes sense), and the Activate ships step (because they active them elsewhere). But, this rule on page 24 seems to say that when a Heavy Raider activates it’s the only time they do active them, when they normally do not. Am I making any sense or am I just confusing myself with gobbletygook?  

#4 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

When a revealed Cylon actions the Caprica location then no Cylon ship or jump prep phase (from the crisis cards) are done as per page 20.

The only way for the revealed Cylon to move the Centurions on the Boarding Party track or a Heavy Raider in space is to action the Cylon Fleet location. This means that the Cylon player would move to that location and use it's action. He would then specify that he was going to move all Heavy Raiders on the board and this is what page 24 is referring to.

Hope that helps.

#5 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

LynchMob,

I do not believe the rule on page 24 is meant to supersede the rule on page 20. Page 20 tells you to skip the activate cylon ships step on crisis cards for revealed cylons; page 24 is about another topic and it clarifies that even cylons get to move centurions *when they successfully activate heavies.* These two ideas are compatible and do not mean that revealed cylons get to move centurions on occasions when the other heavies do not move, such as the (non-existent, for cylons) activate ships step. On those occasions, nothing moves.  

#6 LynchMob

LynchMob

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Ok, I think I got it now. Normally, the Revealed Cylon does not activate ships during the “Activate Ships” step of it’s turn (If it draws a crisis card, it goes through the text part, but ignores the two bottom icons). But “Activating the Fleet” is a Cylon action that allows the Revealed Cylon to active ships/boarders as its action. The rule on page 24 (when it says “Even by a revealed Cylon”) is referring to a revealed Cylon doing this as its action “Activate the Fleet”.

PS- I also put another question thread on the message board as well, dealing with an odd interpretation.

#7 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Yes, That sounds correct :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS