Jump to content



Photo

Overview of Suggested Changes/Ideas


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lupus House

Lupus House

    Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

I thought I would try to collect popular ideas in one thread. Because I've noticed several important suggestions spread throughout the forums. I'll try to update this post as other suggestions people seem to agree on are brought up.
 

First is fairly obvious. Variable lasgun settings for all lasguns.

My recommendation would be to implement this, and then give the Triplex version a bigger bonus, for example Overcharge on a Triplex adds an additional 1 pen, and Overload does 1d10+5 Pen 2. Or something similar.

I would like to see the Bullpup get something special, the .5kg trade off for 1 less shot on burst fire and less range is not really equitable. My personal thought was and increase to the number of customizations it can have if it is part of the standard regimental kit. So normally a weapon can handle 4 customizations, the Bullpup could have 5. Also, the replacement of a lascarbine for an M35 Lasgun, should read "… with M35 Lasgun or Bullpup Lasgun."  as the Bullpup should be an option during Regiment creation.

Also, including sunlight recharging of Las packs.

Failure with a grav-chute deals too much damage, I would change the test to Easy(+30) instead of Routine(+20), and decrease the damage to 1d10+ (1/per DoF), falling damage.

The Operate Skill is poorly formatted, its divided up like 3 separate skills when I believe it is meant to be a skill with 3 specialties.

There have been a lot of comments on Vehicles.

Given the current state of rules I would first recommend Changing the Pen of a Battle Cannon to 10. 8 obviously equates well with the TT, but since most Space Marines actually have 10 on their chest armor a 10 pen makes more sense. and Thus increase the Vanquishers to 20. and then simply have AP rounds provide a straight benefit, such as changing pen to 1.5X normal pen. I personally feel the changes should be far greater, but it would require redoing the profiles for both guns and the AP rounds section.

My 2 cents about the durability of vehicles. They are fine or at most require a small tweak. given that under the rules you can inflict multiple RF hits with one shot (a Lascannon could easily score a couple, and has a 50% chance of getting at least 1), which seriously damage vehicles. Also, destorying a MBT like the Leman Russ would normally be done with Lascannon teams, and idealy from an advantegeous position (side or rear). if a group of PCs is expecting to take down a Leman Russ with 1 Lascannon, then they are going to have a bad time. I am concerned with Melta weapons, they seem totally incapable of seriously damaging heavier tanks, perhaps a special rule giving them RF on a 9 or 10 when shot at a vehicle? or the Flame Quality? Typically they are powerful intense heat rays, and with the recent changes to Vehicles and fire combined with the Pen of a Mela weapon could make it viable for setting a vehicle on fire perhaps?

Finally, the Well Provisioned doctrine grants bonuses logistics for fuel and repair parts, but these mechanics are not present. nor is a system or GM guidelines for acquiring/assigning vehicles as specialty mission gear. adding a operating time/range, plus including guidelines for acquiring/assigning vehicles as mission gear could be very helpful.


Thanks for reading, hopefully this will help devs find a comprehensive list of changes.



#2 Kiton

Kiton

    Member

  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

Variable Settings is a good thing, but even that lacked power. It should be comparable to at least special SP ammo. Currently been running with High and Overload settings as such, and overcharge packs being 75% capacity instead of half. I feel its still a tiny bit conservative, but overall has let las weapons be considered [even if not always chosen still] rather than thrown out like yesterday's trash even in Black Crusade.

High [x2 ammo] +1 Dmg / +2 Pen

Over [x3 ammo] +2 Dmg / +4 Pen, Reliability -1 step

Hellguns only have low/high, with high as +2/+2. They're rarer and made for this kind of thing anyways.

 

As it currently is, the Triplex is nothing but a worse Long-Las, in every single way. Rarer, Lower penetration, lower range, non accurate, non-reliable, non-felling, Rare instead of Scarce, and its version of variable settings is just plain laughable. Bad enough a lasgun has a hard time two-shotting a minion already.

 

I say we make a Shotlas out of it: though I'm thinking 'BC version' of scatter.

Basic, 50m, S/-/2, 1d10+2 Pen 1, clip 20 reload Full, Scatter, Proven[2].



#3 Manyfist

Manyfist

    Member

  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

 I'd like them to add Bolter Drill & Flesh Render from BC. 



#4 Kiton

Kiton

    Member

  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

See, now I'd like to SEE a Bolter Drill. Or a Las Drill. Or a Plasma Drill.

I have no idea how a bolter drill would be any different [you're probably just slamming bolter shells down the hole instead of placing regular explosives?] but screw it, mining lasers or plasma-cutter melees be awesome.

Or at least hydraulic hammers/rock-breakers or the like. With power-fields? What Ork wouldn't want one for an arm?



#5 Lupus House

Lupus House

    Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Manyfist said:

 I'd like them to add Bolter Drill & Flesh Render from BC. 

Bolter Drill would be interesting, but Bolters aren't as common in guard. Lasgun Barrage is a nice touch, but my group feels its underpowered. Flesh Render could just use a new name and it would really help the sergeants.

If you want a Full-auto version of a lasgun you could use the assault lasgun from RT.

If lasguns get to powerful then it becomes ridiculous. a couple guardsman bursting an ork nob just seems wrong. and you need to consider the sarge's special that adds 4 to all your damage, it really helps the squad a lot. its obviously meant for lasguns.

but yea, i think its a a simple issue of introducing a low level variable setting, then being able to customize, mod, and give new ammo types, with the sarge command power, it all works out.



#6 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Isn't the draw for lasguns effectively unlimited ammo (given charging stations) at the cost of power, vs other weapons having more stopping power but needing physical ammo (bullets, chemical canisters for melta and plasma flasks for plasma)?

Regardless, I've never understood why lasguns aren't full-auto.



#7 remmus

remmus

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Kshatriya said:

Isn't the draw for lasguns effectively unlimited ammo (given charging stations) at the cost of power, vs other weapons having more stopping power but needing physical ammo (bullets, chemical canisters for melta and plasma flasks for plasma)?

Regardless, I've never understood why lasguns aren't full-auto.

 

because if I´m not mistaken las weapons have to charge up between shots, hence the only way they ever manage to make a auto firing las weapon was going minigun style with the Multi-Las.



#8 CaptainTrek

CaptainTrek

    Member

  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

remmus said:

Kshatriya said:

 

Isn't the draw for lasguns effectively unlimited ammo (given charging stations) at the cost of power, vs other weapons having more stopping power but needing physical ammo (bullets, chemical canisters for melta and plasma flasks for plasma)?

Regardless, I've never understood why lasguns aren't full-auto.

 

 

 

because if I´m not mistaken las weapons have to charge up between shots, hence the only way they ever manage to make a auto firing las weapon was going minigun style with the Multi-Las.


 

Minerva-Aegis? Assault lasgun? Stutter-las?



#9 JuankiMan

JuankiMan

    Member

  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

CaptainTrek said:

remmus said:

 

Kshatriya said:

 

Isn't the draw for lasguns effectively unlimited ammo (given charging stations) at the cost of power, vs other weapons having more stopping power but needing physical ammo (bullets, chemical canisters for melta and plasma flasks for plasma)?

Regardless, I've never understood why lasguns aren't full-auto.

 

 

 

because if I´m not mistaken las weapons have to charge up between shots, hence the only way they ever manage to make a auto firing las weapon was going minigun style with the Multi-Las.

 


 

 

Minerva-Aegis? Assault lasgun? Stutter-las?

All three examples sacrifice either range, reliability or both to achieve their rate of fire. Building up an optimum charge takes a bit, it would appear.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS