Phokulozortis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 K0balt

K0balt

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

This (http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3453) preview gives me ideas.

There is just one minor problem with it: in French, faux-cul (pronounced Phoku, just as the first syllables of his name) is slang for "untrustworthy individual". Which, given Phokulozortis' background, fits him to a t.

Not a real problem (just can't keep the name), but I found it funny.

#2 Zso Sahaal

Zso Sahaal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

Way to give away that tongue in cheek secret the writers slipped into the game for anyone who may happen to know French and figure that out. Seriosuly that's like taking someone to see Star Wars for the first time and saying oh hey Darth Vader is Lukes father and Leia is his sister. You could have at the very least put up a ****POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING****** for people. what's done is done and I admit it is a cool little tidbit to see the designers throw in and makes me wonder if there are more but for future reference you may want to exercise a bit more caution

#3 Reverend mort

Reverend mort

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER!? DUDE, WTF, SPOILER WARNING!

That said, I'm not sure the "revelation" that what is rather clearly a Daemon of Tzeentch is untrustyworthy is some massive plot twist and spoiler. It's honestly expected even in-character!

Likewise, it says he's a lying douchebag right there in his stat block! Which is free to look at on the internet for anyone who cares, now, even without this post. The fact that his name echoes what he is in French is a fun little tidbit, not some well-kept secret.

And, lastly, any time he shows up to mess with the players, he's unlikely to give his real name, since he likes impersonating other things and beings to lead people astray.

All in all, I think you are overreacting.

#4 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

I just call him Pocahontas. It's easier to say.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#5 HTMC

HTMC

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

Zso Sahaal said:

Way to give away that tongue in cheek secret the writers slipped into the game for anyone who may happen to know French and figure that out. Seriosuly that's like taking someone to see Star Wars for the first time and saying oh hey Darth Vader is Lukes father and Leia is his sister. You could have at the very least put up a ****POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING****** for people. what's done is done and I admit it is a cool little tidbit to see the designers throw in and makes me wonder if there are more but for future reference you may want to exercise a bit more caution

I can't tell if you're joking or not o_0

And 40k has a huge history of references, and this is one of the more clever ones. Just look at any of the older codexes and rulebooks: Guardsman Marbo, anyone?

#6 Garawjukh

Garawjukh

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

This is no more ridiculous than the introductory adventure in Black Crusade, where you send your PCs to a man with the title 'Father of Lies' and expect them to sit quietly and be handed grand prophecies.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS