I'll try again…

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmythecritic

Jimmythecritic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

My conclusion to the question "why don't we have a Talisman app yet?" is that Talisman needs a decent set of rules for solo play.

Do you agree? Do you have any suggestions? Have you developed a set of solo-play rules yourself, and if so, woud you oike to share them? Would you like to see a Talisman app?

#2 Jimmythecritic

Jimmythecritic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

*like to share them?

#3 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

I guess I'll bite and ask what is an 'app'?  Are you talking about the smartphone apps and that?

I personally don't play solo games that way. I would be interested in a multi-play, maybe online or computer version.

-Oberon

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Oberon, are you a decade behind the rest of us lol Yes apps short for applications on iphone and android.

In jest my friend!

Ell.

#5 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

Its all good in jest.  I stand before you as a luddite, though it was not always so.

I once was considered a "techno-witch" in the young emerging Wiccan/Pagan community of nearly 25 years ago, because I was very much ahead of the curve in computer related things.

These days I'm on the internet constantly, at work, have access at home, etc. and have just decided I do not need smartphone stuff in my life. I am connected enough, mostly a loner, so I don't really do much with other folks.

I guess I can admit to not understanding the apps thing on one basic level. Okay, yes, I *knew* you were talking about this kind of technology.

My point: I fail to see the joy playing a solo game on a limited screen-size. This could be, 'cuz I need glasses now for any computer screen, though not regular TV. I just don't see a lot of fun in hand-held games and such. My 29 year old son, of course, is very opposite, plays several, etc.

He's really into 'Monsterhunter', which I'm sure almost all of you have heard about, right? (opening self for obvious question: "So Oberon, does obscure passions run in your family *too* ? " 

I have often told him that if he would play Talisman with me and the mother-person, I would try to play a game of Monsterhunter, but so far he won't bite…

#6 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

A fellow pagan then. One of my best friends is a high ranked witch and the other the high druid of Glastonbury!

Ell.

#7 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'm somewhat known in Detroit area, as Oberon. In the early '90s series by Llewellyn, Witchcraft Today, I am mentioned, at length, in a chapter in the 2nd one of that series, also, as "Oberon". Beyond that, no great claim to fame; I've run a long lived coven that performs public rituals around here, am credentialed as Legal Clergy through Covenant of the Goddness.

Sorry to hijack this thread! - Oberon

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS