ffg could…

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

start slipping the errata'd cards into the new packs and boxes, what do you think?

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

do you mean slip them into newly printed copies of the core set and whatever packs the other cards come from, or do you mean slip them into say the hobbit pack?

im up for it either way, but i doubt it will happen…..still someone with more ffg lcg experience with me may have more insight

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

this "could" happen if there is a full reprint but you would need to rebuy the entire pack / core / expc that it originally came in.

You best bet would be to use Strange Eons to make proxie cards and just replace them in your collection.. or just rember the eratta as you play.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

i really do think the faq at least needs stickied- i mean new players are going to play PoL wrong until someone points it out to them…unless they put a slip in new core sets with a link to the faq pdf file

rich

#5 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

richsabre said:

i really do think the faq at least needs stickied- i mean new players are going to play PoL wrong until someone points it out to them…unless they put a slip in new core sets with a link to the faq pdf file

rich

Yes, it seems unfair to the new and old players alike as it is now. I bought multiple core sets to avoid using proxies. I wanted proper cards. Now they tell me the cards I bought multiple copies of are not working as printed. I understand the changes, they make sense. Lack of foresight is a bit less understandable but that is ok. But I want the proper cards now, of Beravor, Protector of Lórien, etc. And I don't really want to pay for them again. So I was thinking, if we are to buy new stuff, like the Hobbit saga, we could get the extra cards reprinted there.

#6 quit

quit

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

richsabre said:

rich

richsabre said:

i mean new players are going to play PoL wrong until someone points it out to them…

Is this really a problem? I don't care what other players do in their own living room or in their local game store. Whenever there will be tournament play or whatever, the people participating in that will find their way to the faq very quickly.

And if a new player joins your playgroup and plays this wrong, you can gently point him in the direction of the faq.

#7 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

quit said:

richsabre said:

rich

richsabre said:

i mean new players are going to play PoL wrong until someone points it out to them…

Is this really a problem? I don't care what other players do in their own living room or in their local game store. Whenever there will be tournament play or whatever, the people participating in that will find their way to the faq very quickly.

And if a new player joins your playgroup and plays this wrong, you can gently point him in the direction of the faq.

there is no tournamnet play now, and i see none for quite a considerable amount of time. also not everyone has play groups- theres about 5 people on these boards from my entire country and my nearest play 'store' is about 250 miles away from me. further to this a large proportion of players are solo players, so will never come into contact with other players, unless they come to this forum or bgg etc, and even then its not obvious where these pdfs lie

im not saying im bothered per se, just that it 1.makes new players think they are playing correct when they are not thus making the quest log pointless and 2. means that alot of rules questions could be avoided- i mean before the FAQ was brought out last time, how many 'does thalin kill crows' questions were there? plus i know from previous experience nothing is more annoying than being told 3 months after your wins that they are void as you werent playing correctly…something easily avoidable

so i think for the sake of a piece of paper- it would be time well spent

rich

#8 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

lleimmoen said:

richsabre said:

rich

Yes, it seems unfair to the new and old players alike as it is now. I bought multiple core sets to avoid using proxies. I wanted proper cards. Now they tell me the cards I bought multiple copies of are not working as printed. I understand the changes, they make sense. Lack of foresight is a bit less understandable but that is ok. But I want the proper cards now, of Beravor, Protector of Lórien, etc. And I don't really want to pay for them again. So I was thinking, if we are to buy new stuff, like the Hobbit saga, we could get the extra cards reprinted there.

This happen all the time with a card games. All this kind of game has cards erratas. So this is normal case. Just accept it.

There is no other way to make game better.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#9 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

I don't know if you didn't read it carefuly or just didn't understand. But the post above is not to the point at all. I am fine with the errata, as I wrote above. I just want my cards now. I paid for them already. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more but I want the cards as they should read.

#10 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

lleimmoen said:

I don't know if you didn't read it carefuly or just didn't understand. But the post above is not to the point at all. I am fine with the errata, as I wrote above. I just want my cards now. I paid for them already. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more but I want the cards as they should read.

It would be nice, I'd pay .20 or .25 a card (the list price of 39.99 for Core, 226 cards, suggests 17.7 cents, APs at 14.99 for 60 is more expensive, about a quarter; how many errata? 16 cards, if I counted right is only $3.20, or $4 if we assumed the card cost for APs. That seems more than fair. Of course they would have to edit the text and do a new print run, but if they already have MaO as print on demand, it would seem that they have a supply chain for such things…

#11 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

If there will ever come a pod pack with the corrected cards sure I'll buy it. But for now I just bought a small package of those small white round stickers you can buy in all stationary stores. Approximately 0,5 mm in diameter. I put one of those on The card down at the right corner. Then I give it a number and make a small note in a small notebook with the correct text. Like the new text for Beravor: small sticker with say the number 3. Then in the note book "3. Limited to once a turn" one and done :)

This of cause only makes it much more easy to play. It doesn't deal with all the "problems" about how new players will discover it or FFG could have/should haves ;)

#12 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

If AGoT LCG is any guide, they only reprinted edited cards if the entire Chapter Pack (as it's called there) is reprinted. To my knowledge, they have not done Print-on-Demand of errata'd cards (plus, I'm sure folks would then complain that, if FFG did, the replacement cards aren't of the same quality).

As others have pointed out, this happens in all card games and very few companies do a "pure" reprint of errata'd cards (unless it's a planned reprint).

#13 Cunir

Cunir

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

print on demand would be perfect for this. they could just sell a little pack containing all the new prints.

loads of people would be perfectly happy to buy that

#14 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

Cunir said:

print on demand would be perfect for this. they could just sell a little pack containing all the new prints.

arent the POD of lesser quality than normal cards?

#15 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Cunir said:

Cunir said:

many would be happy, but let's face it, there'd be a lot of "nerd rage," as well -- "the cards don't have the same feel/look, now i have to sleeve them" or some such. we all know we can see that happening.

with that said, FFG's dilemma would be how often to offer this? it seems unrealistic to print 3 cards that have been errata'd (or however many it's been, i know it's more than that) even if it is POD. i'm not sure how that process works but to be reasonable (costs, etc, even for POD), i would think you need more than a handful of cards being re-printed.

#16 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Dain Ironfoot said:

Cunir said:

Cunir said:

many would be happy, but let's face it, there'd be a lot of "nerd rage," as well -- "the cards don't have the same feel/look, now i have to sleeve them" or some such. we all know we can see that happening.

with that said, FFG's dilemma would be how often to offer this? it seems unrealistic to print 3 cards that have been errata'd (or however many it's been, i know it's more than that) even if it is POD. i'm not sure how that process works but to be reasonable (costs, etc, even for POD), i would think you need more than a handful of cards being re-printed.

so pretty much what i said above you then? haha

#17 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

richsabre said:

Dain Ironfoot said:

Cunir said:

Cunir said:

so pretty much what i said above you then? haha

haha, yeah, i think we were posting at the same time. i got that weird "new posts have been posted while you wrote this message" or whatever the notification says as i was publishing my post. hahaha.

#18 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

i do agree with your point - POD is a good idea but probably impractical, and of course it depends on how often card get errata-d, and what about spelling mistakes?….i wonder if we shall ever see a non-Reponse twins?

further to this being really honest, i actually would nerd - rage a little…..i think id just stick with the old cards than have lower quality…but then again i may be wrong about POD quality as i dont have massing

#19 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

You can literally tell the difference blind folded.

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#20 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

i can not tell the diffrent between pod and official.. i think that are nearly identical.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS