Questions about the world

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosLegionaire

ChaosLegionaire

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

I was just wondering if some of the experianced players could help me flesh out a few details about the world. I'm running a campaign right now and I would like to reflect the people of the world as accurately as possible. And while I've read a good amount of the history there's a couple of cultural things that I'm still not too sure on.

Main thing I'd like to know is how the public should react to the display of things like the use of Ki techniques, psychic powers, magic and summons.

Should people freak out that it's the return of the supernatural races. Or are some of these powers more accepted then others?

#2 Beadle

Beadle

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

It varies from place to place.

Fire off some magic in Alberia, you'll probably just get looked at with mild interest.  Use ANY supernatural abilities in the Dominion (unless you're a saint), and you'll probably end up burnt at the stake with an Inquisitor's sword still impaled in you.

If you've got the Gaia book, the description of each country/principality includes a section on Regarding the Supernatural that pretty much describes that effect in each area.

#3 ChaosLegionaire

ChaosLegionaire

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Alright, so it's very region specific then. My PCs are in Gabriel right now and unless I'm wrong, I think they're pretty neutral about the use of powers. 

Now with the inquisition and that, are Ki, Magic, etc. all viewed the same way or are some accepted? 

#4 Kalis

Kalis

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Non overt ki and such are accepted(ie. inhumanity or ki detection) mostly on the basis that they can't really tell you are doing it to call you on it.

#5 Arikail

Arikail

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

That also depends on the Inquisitor in question. Some will have no problem with stuff as long as you're using it for the good of the people, or not harming them, or using it too overtly. Others will pike you on a stake as soon as look at you if they even suspect you have supernatural capabilities of any sort (fanatic Inquisitor with See Supernatural Advantage can be quite scary). That will totally depend on how you want to run them. Had one in my game who captured and detained the PC's and was basically bringing them in for questioning about events, but had no intention of anything more than that as long as they didn't go all psycho on him and the townsfolk. Fortunately, he was gone when my group did decide to (unintentionally) attack mostly innocent bystanders of the Church. Had he seen their little stunt, he'd have given them what for, as they would have them proven themselves dangerous to the population of Gaia.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS