Awesome! Now just release 6 player expansion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red Die Guy

Red Die Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Really happy about this game! But very disappointed that its 4 player only. I have too many buddies that will miss out…if we add more will it unbalance the game? Who knows? Probably. Darn it.

Oh well, roll on the good times.

That Guard character looks like he has a bandana - Catachan perhaps? If so, nice!

#2 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

I have been playing Talisman with 15 players. That value of four is only suggested I think. You probably will be able to play it with more players.

Enter the Talisman Island!

#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

I concur.  If the game engine is really based on Talisman, then there's no real player limit to speak of.  You have 10 characters, so you can play with ten people.  If you want to make homebrew characters, the sky's the limit.

#4 Red Die Guy

Red Die Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Good points. We usually play Talisman with between 6-9 people anyway so hopefully Relic will be similar. Although chances of finishing a game properly on a week night is low.

Off topic quick Q: has anyone ever won the full Dragon expansion in your games? We use all bar the Highlands and routinely get brutalised! Its whoever is the last alive wins those games! Not that we mind of course, wholesale hero slaughter is a sight to behold. Running for our lives, hoping to just to live that one turn longer and thus outlive our opponents that is a game in itself!

I can imagine Relic being the Dragon expansion but cranked up to 11 and the amused laughter of thirsting gods.

Happy times await!

#5 Marcin Przybyłek

Marcin Przybyłek

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Red Die Guy said:

That Guard character looks like he has a bandana - Catachan perhaps? If so, nice!

I think it's the Imperial Psyker.

#6 iu_maddog

iu_maddog

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

Yes, just to add to what everybody else here is already saying, we play talisman regularly with 5-6 players, and no real interruption in play.

If it comes with all 8 characters previewed at Gencon, playing all eight should easily be supported on that board.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS