• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tomcsek84

Tomcsek84

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hi!

After a Talisman marathon lasting for 2 days, I would like to ask about the Walking Stick card. Accoring to the card you may move +1 space after you rolled a dice for movement and moved your character. As you know, there are certain event cards restricting the players to move only one space without rolling a dice for 2 rounds. My question: may you move +1 space in such conditions like the Blizzard because your character possesses the Walking Stick, or due to the event card you may not use that Magic Object?

Thanks for your answer!

Tom

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Tomcsek84 said:

Hi!

After a Talisman marathon lasting for 2 days, I would like to ask about the Walking Stick card. Accoring to the card you may move +1 space after you rolled a dice for movement and moved your character. As you know, there are certain event cards restricting the players to move only one space without rolling a dice for 2 rounds. My question: may you move +1 space in such conditions like the Blizzard because your character possesses the Walking Stick, or due to the event card you may not use that Magic Object?

Thanks for your answer!

Tom

Generally speaking, you may use the Walking Stick if you roll the die for your move. If you can't roll the die (or don't roll the die because of certain effects), you cannot use that Magic Object.

There are many effects in Talisman that require rolling the die for your move (e.g. Teleport Spell) and they are resolved in the same way.

#3 Tomcsek84

Tomcsek84

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Tkanks! This was my conclusion, too. If you can not roll a dice, use of the Walking Stick car is pointless. But during the game around the table there came up different opinions, so I would like to clarify this situation.

Thank you for the answer!

#4 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

The Walking Stick is actually not a Magic Object, but The_Warlock's answer is correct.

#5 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Tiggurix said:

The Walking Stick is actually not a Magic Object, but The_Warlock's answer is correct.

Blessed be thy response lol

Ell.

#6 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

Tomcsek84 said:

After a Talisman marathon lasting for 2 days, 

That sounds awesome. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS