• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CapnHowdy666

CapnHowdy666

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hey all --

I looked for errata/FAQ about this, but I couldn't find any.

Just played my first game of the CoCLCG -- and I love it!  I did, however, have a timing question.

I was playing against my buddy who had the Overzealous Initiate out and ready (Action: Sacrifice Overzealous Initiate to put the top card of your deck into play, face down, as a domain).

During a Combat Struggle, I Wounded the Initiate and placed a Wound marker on it -- killing it.  Before the card goes to the discard pile, my buddy announces that he is "sacrificing" the Initiate -- so the Initiate does indeed go to the discard pile, but he's getting a free domain.

I think this is hinky.  Is there an official ruling on this somewhere that I can show him?

Thanks!

#2 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yes.  During story resolution you cannot play any Actions.  Only Disrupts and Forced Responses can trigger  (Rulebook, and in FAQ).

#3 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Oh, and in general, an action has to completely resolve before the opponent can play another action.  Only Disrupts are different.  There is a detailed timing sequence in the FAQ that lays this out - a bit long to read, but worth the effort!

#4 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

This game does not use a stack. Only Disrupt effects can stop the execution of an effect after it has been initiated and then resolve before that first effect does.

Your friend is trying to use Magic/Warhammer timing in Cthulhu. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS