Photo

Is a decent set of solo rules the only way we are going to see a Talisman app?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jimmythecritic

Jimmythecritic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

I'm starting to think that the best way (if not the only way) we are going to see a Talisman app for I-Pad/Android is for there to be a decent set of rules for a solo game. I have seen a couple of efforts on Board Game Geek (my favourite being the Reaper alternative) that are pretty good, but I think it needs to be better.

I have started to develop some ideas around NPC Adventure Cards & NPC Spell Cards (that may even be able to be sold as a solo play expansion if FFG like them enough) to simulate other players. I also think the Adventure Cards could be split into 3 stacks. Stack one would be for early game play, with the aforementioned NPC Cards shuffled in. Triggers for Stack 2 might be 10 Str or 10 Cr, and Stack 2 would have more NPC cards and a Portal of Power Card thrown in (signifying a countdown of 7 turns until the player begins to suffer the command spell effects). Stack 3 would be for objects that are up for grabs in the event that you defeat a NPC (you would draw 5 cards and if there was an object among the cards you could take it as your prize for winning the combat).

Shouldn't be too hard to program as an app.

Thoughts?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS