Zverograd PDF Petition

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Doraiya

Doraiya

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

While I would like to give FFG a thumbs up for finally releasing the new Campaign Book, I'm a little disapointed that a PDF has not been made available immediately. As an Australian it's already difficult to get my hands on anything Dust-related, and now I'm going to have to wait another two weeks for my book to arrive to be able to play my SSU under the Warfare Rules.

So what I'd like everyone in the Dust community to do is get behind this petition and let FFG know that a PDF release is more efficient, accessible and more in sync with the times when an international market of customers want access to new content. Just post 'Signed' at the end of your post If you wanna pledge your interest to the cause, like this;

'Signed'

#2 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Don't see it as really necessary.  They released the core book on PDF, I'm sure they'll do the same for the campaign books.  The physical book hasn't even made it to all the US stores yet, have some patience and give them some time.  They're gearing up for Gencon too, so I wouldn't really even expect one until mid-end August.

#3 Doraiya

Doraiya

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

blkdymnd said:

Don't see it as really necessary.  They released the core book on PDF, I'm sure they'll do the same for the campaign books.  The physical book hasn't even made it to all the US stores yet, have some patience and give them some time.  They're gearing up for Gencon too, so I wouldn't really even expect one until mid-end August.

I see your point but the purpose of this thread is to point out the fact that doing an exclusively physical release of the rules is out of touch with the times, costs more as it has to go through the printers and is a massive pain in the ass for customers outside of the US. Rather than releasing PDF on demand via stock, they should be doing it immediately.

#4 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'd just be happy if they made a final check before going to print that all the, "See Page 19" stuff got changed to, "See Page 21" where the real rules they are referring to really are, lol. 

But yeah, as an early adopter of iPad, I'd love PDF to be available day 1. 

- Signed!

#5 emilio68it

emilio68it

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hard for me finding the book, well, hard as finding the miniatures :) Maelstrom is my source, but a PDF would be a great help.

Signed

#6 DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Count me in too. Im getting both but it would be nice to have a Day 1 PDF.

#7 Drag0n

Drag0n

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

count me in. Its 21 centure, huh? Digital era and so on :)

#8 Tanker

Tanker

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I'll get both as well. Assuming they release a PDF at all they may be waiting simply as a courtesy to retailers. Traditional retailers often get upset that they have to compete with electronic products at all and such products that get an 'unfair advantage' by being released early gets them even more upset. Of course this is just speculation.

#9 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Tanker said:

I'll get both as well. Assuming they release a PDF at all they may be waiting simply as a courtesy to retailers. Traditional retailers often get upset that they have to compete with electronic products at all and such products that get an 'unfair advantage' by being released early gets them even more upset. Of course this is just speculation.

Perhaps it's time for traditional retailers to realize a lost book customer to a PDF is an entire army of models customer. 

#10 Maverickg

Maverickg

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

I lose sales to the Internet all the time….nothing I can do about.  I might as well benefit by the Internet with a new release.  Internet you owe me!

Signed.

#11 icevvind

icevvind

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS