• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hospan

Hospan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hello board members.

First time poster here. I have been reading the forums for a few days now.  I have run several DW games and my local crew is eating it up.  I'm looking for a map maker or cartography software package. I've been using hand-drawn maps, but I'm looking to take it to the next level. I've searched the forums but have come up dry. I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong key-words or what may be going wrong. I've searched Google and found a few things that may work, but I'm hoping for some "community favorites".

Ideally, I'd like the software to do the following.

- Randomly generate planets and/or continental bodies on said planets

- Allow me to zoom in and customize terrain features, add cities, etc

- Allow me to insert text tags and names

- Allow me to print specific portions of maps

Thanks for any help you can provide!

#2 Morkalg

Morkalg

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Check out the software options from NBOS. Astrosynthesis generates star systems and planets and Fractal Mapper (which can integrate into Astrosynthesis) creates worlds, cities etc. 

NBOS Software

Game Designer and Lead Writer

www.7sensesgaming.com

#3 Morkalg

Morkalg

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

There is also Campaign Cartographer and an add-on Cosmographer. I have no experience with either of them but I would really like to check out Cosmographer someday. 

Campaign Cartographer

Game Designer and Lead Writer

www.7sensesgaming.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS