• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AMLopes

AMLopes

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hello…

Executive order give 2 actions to 1 "player" (not "human player" or "Cilon player").

The rules of Exodus, on page 8: 

"Occasionally, game elements may refer to “players,” “human players,” or “Cylon players.” The term “players” is inclusive and
refers to all individuals currently playing the game. The terms “Cylon players” and “human players” are more restrictive.
The term “Cylon players” refers to revealed Cylons, but not to players who have a hidden “You Are a Cylon” Loyalty Card.
The term “human players” refers to all players who are not revealed Cylons."

But, the faq have: 

Q: Can a revealed Cylon player be targeted by the “Executive Order” Skill Card or Quorum Cards?
A: No.

Question: If Executive Order give actions TO a "PLAYER", which the rules are right?

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

AMLopes,

As the FAQ states, a revealed cylon cannot be the target of "Executive Order." Page 20 of the core rules states that "Cylon players may not use actions or abilities printed on skill cards," and the FAQ clarifies that using the two free actions granted by an XO would fall into this category. Hope this helps!

#3 AMLopes

AMLopes

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

OK.

But the rules page 8 of Exodus are revisions and updates of basic rules. This way, I believe that the "cilon players" are not allowed to use the texts of skill cards, but they can be targets of skills cards which refer only to "players". I think that the FAQ is wrong or outdated at this point.

#4 Assussanni

Assussanni

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

AMLopes said:

I think that the FAQ is wrong or outdated at this point. 

The FAQ was last updated after Exodus was released, so I don't think it can be called outdated. I'd say that since they haven't changed the FAQ ruling on whether cylons can be targeted by Executive Orders (a definite "No") this is still the officially correct way to play.

Nothing to stop you houseruling it otherwise of course. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on whether it would make the cylons too powerful.

#5 Mephisto666

Mephisto666

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

Dear Fantasy Flight, your understanding of the rules of your game and how it works is wrong or outdated… 

Sorry, that thought just made me crack up… but it is not helpful to the discussion.

Another way to look at this is the Executive Order card was written before the rules in Exodus (I believe the language was defined there with reference to the rules added by Exodus which effect players in more specific manner).

The FAQ answer for XO was also written before the expansions (if I recall properly, have not checked my earlier versions).

What might make it more clear if the FAQ now said "Errata:  The text on Executive Order should read 'Human Player'"

I think most players see from the rules as a whole the a revealed cylon (non-infiltrating leader) can not be XO'd, and the FAQ clarifies that.  I do not believe that it was ever the game designers intent to over-ride that in Exodus, and if so, they would have been more clear in rescinding their earlier ruling.  (FF has overturned a ruling in the past, and were clear about that). 

As mentioned, as a house rule you can do as you like, but if you play in the open community, it would not be allowed and you may develop some strategies that will not serve you in open play. 

#6 AMLopes

AMLopes

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Well, it's not a matter of power cilon's players, but the bad job of human's players. If a player managed to hide his true identity long enough that the XO has a devastating effect to human players, merit it. Bad luck of humans.

My thought is that the rule is clear: both the rules of Pegasus as the rules of Exodus modify and update the basic rules. So, if the game contain only the basic game, so are just the basic rules. If the game has any of the options of Exodus, we must follow the rules of this expation, with all of its updates (execution, lines of succession, turns of cilons revealed, etc) and also the rules of "play", "human players" and "cilons players".

I will play with this rule (or house rule…). All my players agree with that.

anyway, thanks for all, people!!!!

#7 Anacreon

Anacreon

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Dude… "clion"?  every post, every time?  wtf? 

#8 Anacreon

Anacreon

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Anacreon said:

Dude… "clion"?  every post, every time?  wtf? 

Or… cilon… you know, whichever.

#9 noise

noise

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

I know. lol. Every time I read it I was WTF too. :P

#10 AMLopes

AMLopes

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Cilons, cylons, cilônios (portuguese)…. hahahahahahahehahehah

… "Why so serious?"….

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS