Daemon Weapons

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

Is it possible to start with one of these?

There seems to be an aquisition chart, but I don't understand it…or maybe I am misreading it.

I think it'd make a great cursed heirloom!

#2 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

Seeten said:

Is it possible to start with one of these?

There seems to be an aquisition chart, but I don't understand it…or maybe I am misreading it.

I think it'd make a great cursed heirloom!

You can't obtain a Daemon Weapon as a starting acquisition. You can't ever obtain a Daemon Weapon through the Acquisition rules.

There are a total of three ways a character can obtain a daemon weapon:

1. Create the Daemon Weapon yourself (using the ritual in the Daemon Weapons section) or get someone else to create it for you
  2. Roll on one of the Daemon Weapon results on the Gifts of the Gods tables.
  3. Kill someone with a Daemon Weapon and take it from their cold, dead hands.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

#3 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

Thats unfortunate, but still great info. Thanks =)

I like the pry one from someone's cold dead hands option. I have compel, maybe I can kill them with their daemon weapon, then pry it from there cold dead hands? =)

#4 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

You can't obtain a Daemon Weapon as a starting acquisition. You can't ever obtain a Daemon Weapon through the Acquisition rules.

There are a total of three ways a character can obtain a daemon weapon:

1. Create the Daemon Weapon yourself (using the ritual in the Daemon Weapons section) or get someone else to create it for you
  2. Roll on one of the Daemon Weapon results on the Gifts of the Gods tables.
  3. Kill someone with a Daemon Weapon and take it from their cold, dead hands.

You might be surprised. I'm looking at two Daemon Weapons with an Availability of Near Unique right now. And before you ask, a certain online PDF store accidentally released a book early, and then removed it in the same day. But as an extra said weapons can only be wielded by the followers of a specific god.

#5 ShadowRay

ShadowRay

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

One could argue that Hellblade is kinda deamon weapon.
Cursed Heirloom is tier 1 talent, much too weak to give you deamon weapons. Meaby if your MG agrees to give it multiple levels (like minion of chaos) then on tier 3 it would be powerfull enough.

If such certain books are already in stores, why don't they release then already? What are they waiting for, it's not like they'll putch it up now.

#6 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

• Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Larkin said:

You might be surprised. I'm looking at two Daemon Weapons with an Availability of Near Unique right now. And before you ask, a certain online PDF store accidentally released a book early, and then removed it in the same day. But as an extra said weapons can only be wielded by the followers of a specific god.

In which case, that's material I've not seen, and which doesn't fall entirely within the purview of the Daemon Weapon rules I wrote for the Black Crusade rulebook.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

#7 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

In which case, that's material I've not seen, and which doesn't fall entirely within the purview of the Daemon Weapon rules I wrote for the Black Crusade rulebook.

And I completely agree with those rules honestly. It was a dissapointment to see that they had a listed availability.

#8 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I would say that having a daemon weapon at the start would be way too inbalanced, as they are very powerful. I am getting an image of a one shotting PC killing bloodletters with ease.

Also possessions would ensue?

#9 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

• Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

PnPgamer said:

I would say that having a daemon weapon at the start would be way too inbalanced, as they are very powerful.

Oh, I'm not saying that you can't have a daemon weapon at the start… it's just not likely. A character can start with 10 Corruption at the end of Character Generation, and if they've managed to become aligned (through some very careful purchases), then there's a slim chance that the first Gift of the Gods they roll is Daemon Weapon. If you're starting with more than the normal amount of XP, it's somewhat more likely to happen.

#10 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Couple of corruption motivation choices and 5 skill purchases all for 1 god…only possible for a human, but that might be fun.

Unfortunately, I'm a Spess Mehreen.

#11 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Larkin said:

Pics or it didn't happen. 

BYE

#12 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

Pics or it didn't happen. 

BYE

Were it actually released, I would provide those pics.

#13 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

But you have it yes, due to an upload mistake?

BYE

#14 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

I ended up with a Force Staff, Legion Combi-Bolter and a Jump Pack, instead. I'll live, I guess =)

#15 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

H.B.M.C. said:

But you have it yes, due to an upload mistake?

BYE

Yes.

#16 AnthonyVahle

AnthonyVahle

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

That seems like quite the mistake , though you do have to wonder why they haven't just released it if its that ready? oh well 

#17 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

I imagine its because the RPG/Comic/Game Stores and brick and mortar stars would pitch a fit that the PDF started selling before they even had stock.

Also the reason for the inane pdf prices. It isnt because they cost as much, its because the book stores pitch a fit when the PDF is cheaper.

#18 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

Larkin said:

Yes.

Ok then.

Can you answer one question for me then:

You don’t have to give away any rules, or even say the name of the item (I know what they are – I wrote ‘em), but in the armoury is there a picture of a single or perhaps a pair of crossed swords? And how does it look (good/bad/indifferent)?

Thanks!

It’s weird to say, but the artwork is the thing I’m most looking forward to seeing in this book.

BYE

#19 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

Ok then.

Can you answer one question for me then:

You don’t have to give away any rules, or even say the name of the item (I know what they are – I wrote ‘em), but in the armoury is there a picture of a single or perhaps a pair of crossed swords? And how does it look (good/bad/indifferent)?

Thanks!

It’s weird to say, but the artwork is the thing I’m most looking forward to seeing in this book.

BYE

Polix and Castir? They're side by side and reversed to each other. They look good (artwork) and I like their rules and how they interact with each other. Just the entry for the two weapons gives a really good amount of backstory. If you wrote that, many claps to you sir.

#20 Brother Techmarine Harkus

Brother Techmarine Harkus

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hi,

@ Larkin: Could you tell me if you discard rolling on the Failings if you chose to play a Thousand Sons Sorcerer? And do you have the 500 starting XP or do they get lost as well?

Would be awesome to know that. Also knowing the effect of a talisman of tzeentch would be great.

I'm waiting for the book since they anounced it for the end of the 2nd quarter this year … Almost august and still no word :( That makes me sad :'

Since I live in germany i'll have to wait even longer (4 weeks) before its available here. The shipping prices are kind of insane so I have to wait for the book to arrive here.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS